• April 24, 2018, 07:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Driving on revoked sentenced to 1year  (Read 995 times)

Offline Lanita09

Driving on revoked sentenced to 1year
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:37:29 PM »
Long story short, my husband pleaded guilty for driving on suspended license and was sentenced to one year prison, he turned himself in sep 8, 2016 (Bridgeview ) he is currently on house arrest in Chicago and has court November 4, 2016.my question is will they sentence him to do his last 4 months in IDOC? His case is a felony and he has priors for driving...  no violent crimes just driving on his background. On his next court date it will be 57 days he's been on house arrest just was wondering will they let him go or do he have to finish the rest of his time in jail or house arrest? I moved to Wisconsin for a job opportunity and I'm not there for his court dates Please help.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Driving on revoked sentenced to 1year
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »
Long story short, my husband pleaded guilty for driving on suspended license and was sentenced to one year prison, he turned himself in sep 8, 2016 (Bridgeview ) he is currently on house arrest in Chicago and has court November 4, 2016.my question is will they sentence him to do his last 4 months in IDOC? His case is a felony and he has priors for driving...  no violent crimes just driving on his background. On his next court date it will be 57 days he's been on house arrest just was wondering will they let him go or do he have to finish the rest of his time in jail or house arrest? I moved to Wisconsin for a job opportunity and I'm not there for his court dates Please help.

Have to wait and see what happens in court, but they may take him to IDOC for processing and to finish his sentence then let him out when he is eligible.   He would then have to parole in Illinois, unless he fills out an Interstate Compact agreement for him to move with you to Wisconsin.  All this would have to be worked prior to his release.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Lanita09

Re: Driving on revoked sentenced to 1year
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
Ok. Thank you