• April 21, 2018, 05:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Need help with calculations!  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Falcon

Need help with calculations!
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:18:12 PM »
Hello IPT.  I need some help. Please bear with me as I try to explain this.  My L/O was convicted on 05/02/13.  He was sentenced to 4 years at 85% which should mean he serves 3 years and 4 months according to my calculations.  My thought is that his projected parole date should have been listed as 09/02/16. But instead it is listed as 09/10/16. Plus his MITTIMUS states to credit him 16 days for serving in county.  My question is where did the extra 8 days come in at? and where would the 16 days credit be included? Before or after the 85%. I guess I'm not understanding the math very well.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it.  And I hope I posted this in the right place.
\"I\'m with you the second the sunlight touches our side of the world and when the night swallows the day I\'m still yours.\"

Offline tkesde1

Re: Need help with calculations!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:19:58 AM »
Sometimes there is dead time between when they are sentenced and when they were sent to IDOC. If you know how many days that was, it may help solve the mystery.
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »
After the calculation of his 4 @85% they would then take off anytime he had coming and he should ask about his time coming on his Mittimus to be sure he is getting the full time.  Does he have a copy of his MITTIMUS?

He was convicted on 5/02/13 and when did he get to IDOC?  was this any kind of parole violation conviction?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:33:47 AM »
Sometimes there is dead time between when they are sentenced and when they were sent to IDOC. If you know how many days that was, it may help solve the mystery.

They are normally always credited for time waiting to be moved to IDOC after conviction.

Sometimes if it's a parole violation, then there is dead time that doesn't count.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 08:38:59 AM »
I don't know much about dead time, but I do know that some people, for whatever reason, if there is a difference between what the mittimus says, in this case 16 days and the number of days before he went into IDOC, that those days sometimes don't count. Without knowing details, it would be hard to say for certain. I did the math and came up with 9/8/16 - the math still didn't add up. There's another variable in there somewhere that we don't know.
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:50:08 AM »

Sentencing Orders and the Illinois Supreme Court
« on: 22 January 2011, 15:44:31 »

Hello everyone. In recent posts we have discussed down time or dead time. The time between sentencing and transfer to IDOC. Yesterday, the Illinois Supreme Court has ruled that the day the person is sentenced, is the day that their time in DOC starts. Pasted below is the link to this ruling just made public yesterday. So if your guy sits two weeks, he gets credit for it. Feel free to read it.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=22085.msg171095#msg171095

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/pdf/109361.pdf

Offline Falcon

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 09:26:30 AM »
This was not a parole violation. This was his first offense ever.  He was sentenced on 5/2/13.  He was taken away that same day. On his IDOC profile his admission date says 5/3/13. I did notice that his custody date says 4/16/13 which he wasn't in custody as he was out on bond during that time but the custody date 4/16/13 to his sentence date 5/2/13 is exactly 16 days. His Mittimus states to credit 16 days. This is the number of days he served in county jail before sentencing.
\"I\'m with you the second the sunlight touches our side of the world and when the night swallows the day I\'m still yours.\"