• April 24, 2018, 07:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Amout of letters  (Read 1329 times)

Offline jen123

Amout of letters
« on: October 21, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »
Many a dumb questions but is there a limit to a number of pages im sending in one lettrr for instance i wrote a 20 page letter and plan to send it to my l/o in one evenelope im worried they will send it back anyone know if this is okay to send ?

Offline StayinTrue2Him

Re: Amout of letters
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:36:36 PM »
I know it's okay at Stateville at least...I've sent many letters over the years that are very lengthy like that and have had no problems. I put large letters like that in a manila envelope but make sure if there is a metal clasp on the back to cut it off as that will cause it to be rejected. I try and buy the ones that are the peel and stick kind instead... :wc2:
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline jen123

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:00:49 PM »
Thank you the longest ive sent are 10 page and they werent a problem im nust scared about this one he is in illinios river :(

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:54 AM »
 :wc11: No worries...I've sent a letter almost that long before with no problems...Like I said,your best bet since it won't fit in a standard size letter envelope is to put it in a big manila envelope. I don't even fold the letter up,just slide it in there flat...I cut off the metal clasp (very important!) and just use the flap alone to seal it up. Them I take it over to the post office,have them weigh it and put a metered postage label on it...And off it goes to your L/O!! I send print-offs of medical information to him about the prescription meds they are giving him as well as important articles related to IDOC in those big manila envelopes,too...I use the smaller ones to mail pictures. I know your L/O is really going to enjoy a long letter from you! Hearing from us is sooo important to them.. :wc50:
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."