• April 24, 2018, 07:38:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Magazine mail  (Read 1878 times)

Offline JF1005

Magazine mail
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »
I want to send my boyfriend magazines he is in cook county jail. Should i send them through a subscriber or should i buy them and ship them myself? Thank you!

Offline BobNBecka

Re: Magazine mail
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »
I get them myself and ship it to my hubby.  That way if he transfers he sill gets it through me.  Instead of returning it.  If he moves they return it to the magazine company and u lose ur money.  Thats what men's health told me they do.

And i get renewal notices that way too.

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »
Just a suggestion: I joined MyRewardsSurvey.com which is a great site where all you do is take simple surveys about everyday things. Each time you complete a survey,you earn $20 in rewards bucks to use towards magazine subscriptions...So far,I have been able to get my fiance: Maxim,Men's Health,Rolling Stone,Scuba Magazine (which has great pictures of sharks,the ocean,etc that he loves),People,National Geographic,Rebel Ink and more...I even subscribe to the Spanish version of a Latino magazine for him to give to his celly as he has no family or anyone on the outside and is a lifer. If you don't see anything that your BF would be interested in at the time you take each survey,you still get the $20 reward just from completing the survey and it rolls over to your current balance. Right now, I have $100 plus reward bucks saved up so I can get the higher priced subscriptions...I have the subscriptions sent to me then that way I can go through them to make sure all ads for alcohol or other pics that are not allowed by IDOC out of them. This way it also gives me magazines to take to him when I visit,too. My fiance is an artist,so I also send him magazines that have great portrait pics in them like Glamour,Elle,etc..This is a great way to get magazine subscriptions for our L/O's and save money at the same time as they are free in the end! All of us traveling this road need every way we can find to save money! They will send subscriptions to DOC facilities...You just simply put in his info for the shipping address. But,I find it better and easier,as BobnBecka stated, to ship them myself so no matter what he still always gets them... :wc2:
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 06:25:49 AM »
I want to send my boyfriend magazines he is in cook county jail. Should i send them through a subscriber or should i buy them and ship them myself? Thank you!

You better call Cook County jail and see what their procedures are.. These women who posted have men in IDOC not CC.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline JF1005

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:19 PM »
Thank you ladies!!! It is very helpful!!