• April 22, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Vandalia work camp  (Read 2840 times)

Offline smme7

Vandalia work camp
« on: July 25, 2015, 09:59:37 AM »
My LO is trying to get moved over to the work camp at vandalia. He has outside clearance, no tickets etc. This week he put in a slip to the movement officer...is there anything else he can do or does he just need to be patient?
"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Vandalia work camp
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:06:53 AM »

IDOC has no information on that camp anymore, the link we had is dead.  Is the camp still in existence?  They don't show it on their list of work camps.

Nothing he can do but sit and wait and let it go through the process.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cjm090

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »
Forevermah, yes the work camp there is still in existence. It's right down the road. Just drove by there yesterday on my way to Taylorville and saw the work campers walking back from chow.

Smme7, my husband ended up working with the guy in charge of the counselors for his transfer. I think his last name was something like Trevorbaugh. He first met him when he came to the dorms but after that he would put in a slip to talk to him directly. Maybe he can talk to him if his counselor isn't helping.

Offline smme7

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:14 PM »
Yea, I noticed that it's not on the website either, but I do know it's still there!
Thanks cjm, I'll recommend that if nothing happens soon. I wonder if they'll let him know he's moving or if they'll just come get him??

"I want to kiss you under the stars, hold you and never let you go. When I'm with you, my soul is happy"