• April 24, 2018, 07:35:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 11067 times)

Offline KimmyR

Pictures
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
Hello, I'm Kimmy and new to this site. Ty for approving me by the way. My brother just got to Sheridan DOC and were patiently waiting the 30 day no visiting period out. But I have a question. I just ordered about 120 pics to be printed. Does anyone know if there are regulations at Sheridan for the number of pics he can get? Can they all be mailed at the same time? Ty in advance loves💜

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
Re: Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 11:19:15 PM »
I mail pics to my son of family updates but I don't overload him since they only have a small box that has to keep all of their belongings in.  I would send him family pics now but wait on others until he sends you a letter on his rules at his facility.  

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:20:39 PM »
Forgot...I put my son's name and # on the back of each pic.  

Offline KimmyR

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
Ty!

Offline Sizz

• Though we can't be together, we'll never be apart
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 04:51:15 AM »
 :wc12:

Welcome to IPT! Glad you found us!

:wc71-1:
" You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care."

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:15:09 AM »
I've never sent more than 4 or 5 pics at a time. I have however, had a bunch of pictures in one of those picture books you can have printed off from Walmart.com or Walgreens.com, that was a big hit.

He's home!

Offline Tex999

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »
I print pictures 8x11 size and write my letters on the back.My L/O gets a picture and news from home.

Offline sorta

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »
is there a limit to how many pictures at one time that they can have mailed to them in pontiac

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 09:27:51 PM »
is there a limit to how many pictures at one time that they can have mailed to them in pontiac
The best thing to do is call the mailroom at Pontiac and ask them. I do know they can't be larger than 8x10,as far as size goes...
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline coogishorti

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 10:20:55 PM »
Hello,

do you know if we are allowed to send photo albums to inmates?

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 07:43:46 AM »
I had a photo album made from Wal-Mart for around $10, I did it all online & uploaded the pictures I wanted, arranged them how I wanted, even picked my cover. It was a huge hit. Just follow the book rules for the facility. My hubby is allowed hard & soft back books, but nothing spiral bound.
He's home!

Offline coogishorti

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 08:11:40 PM »
ok thanks so much

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 06:01:47 AM »
Hello,

do you know if we are allowed to send photo albums to inmates?
A regular album no, some of them have to buy them in commissary.. Tell your inmate to check his commissary list and see if they are listed.

Something you have made up without binding might be allowed, but call find out first before you spend lots of $$ and it's rejected.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline sdm

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
My L/o is in Stateville he would love an Album !! I must check into this for bday and Christmas gifts!

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »
They can also purchase photo albums in the commissary at the 'Ville. My fiance has several that he puts all of his pictures in. I have sent him an album full of 4x6 pictures...Just make sure,like tkesde1 said, that it is not spiral bound or has any metal clasps,etc..The mail room can fill you in on all the details of what they can and cannot have. :wc2: They are very nice in there,too!

Offline sdm

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 07:16:09 AM »
 smilepump Cool thanks! I've never put on together online before ....giggle giggle...Unfortunately I missed out on the creative gene! ?....as for todays technology ....even my grandkids get frustrated with me! The last time I tried to get creative using the computer my 10 year old grandson told me maybe I should just use crayons! Sweet kid!  Lol

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
 :wc11: I should add though that,as Mah stated in a few posts above,they are not allowed to have an actual photo album sent to them that you by at Wal-Mart or somewhere...I made the one I sent my guy.They have to be purchased through the commissary,at least at the 'Ville. Don't know about any of the other facilities rules or availability of these in their commissaries. Love your grandson's comment...Too funny! :wc15: My six-year old grandson had to show me how to turn on his mom's wireless touch-screen computer...He just looked at me like,"Really?" Talk about feeling my age! I felt more like 80 after the look I got! Priceless! :wc15:

Offline sdm

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 07:26:12 AM »
 skeleton3    ok I think I'll call before I try to make one using Walmart photo thing《《 (photo thing)  and if they allow that type of album.....I'll be calling my 10 year pld grandson to help me! My my I have alot to learn!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 08:22:47 AM »
I don't know if this link is allowed, but this is what I bought.  http://photos.walmart.com/walmart/storepage/storePageId=Photo+Books

I got the 5X7 one, it was cheaper and didn't take up much room in his box and was perfect for all those 4X6 photos. You upload them digitally to the site, arrange them how you want them and they come out as a little book (kinda like those kid books) so no wire or plastic binding and the photo's are printed on the page (no plastic sleeves). Hubby had one of the photo albums from commissary, but he liked his photo book better and sent home his photo albums on a visit.
He's home!

Offline jen123

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 05:34:18 PM »
 :wc73: can we aend pictures eith a crop top on ??