• April 24, 2018, 07:36:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Music??  (Read 2987 times)

Offline mrsk97279

• Hope for Inmates
Music??
« on: May 28, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
My baby wants me to order cassettes from Mo Music but I thought they were pulled off the IDOC approved list. Anyone have any info on this or who I should order from?? I just want to make sure I have the most up to date info. I know they're attempting to get MP3s but they're having issues finding a vendor the IDOC will approve, of course.

Thanks!
A great relationship is not built on how much time you spend together physically, but rather, the foundation you build together spiritually and emotionally...

Offline me

• Support Staff
Re: Music??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:00:17 AM »
Your best bet is to call property or the mailroom at the facility he is at and ask them who they allow as an approved vendor.

Mo Music is not allowed in IDOC last I heard. 

Also, there are rumors of MP3 players being available later this year so you may want to hold off a bit.

Offline cjm090

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »
Does anyone currently send cassette tapes to your LO in IDOC?  What vendor do you use?  Do you send them a CD with the music you want or pick from a list of songs?  How does it work.  My LO heard that they aren't getting MP3 players anytime soon so he wants his own cassettes with his personalized music.  Not even sure where to start.  Another inmate told him about Mo Music but he hasn't received any new cassettes since 2012 and it appears they aren't on the approved list.  Is there one list for all of IDOC or is it facility specific? 

Offline Gizgirl2

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »
You should call the mailroom and ask. My LO is at Western they accept NO music at all.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
Does anyone currently send cassette tapes to your LO in IDOC?  What vendor do you use?  Do you send them a CD with the music you want or pick from a list of songs?  How does it work.  My LO heard that they aren't getting MP3 players anytime soon so he wants his own cassettes with his personalized music.  Not even sure where to start.  Another inmate told him about Mo Music but he hasn't received any new cassettes since 2012 and it appears they aren't on the approved list.  Is there one list for all of IDOC or is it facility specific? 

No prison allows you to send cassettes into inmates, you have to order from the specified vendors the prison requests.  Some prisons only allow the inmates to order those tapes using their commissary money.

There is word that they are going to start MP3 within IDOC soon too.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 04:16:13 PM »
Screens for the MP3's just went up in my hubby's wing at Big Muddy this week. So it really is happening soon. I predict after they put him on commissary restriction :(  At Big Muddy they do that starting 2 months out instead of 1 month.
He's home!

Offline cjm090

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
Forevermah, Sorry for the poor wording in my post.  I was asking what vendors people are using.. .I am aware that I can't send them myself.  I finally just called Property at Taylorville and was told any "company" that sends clear cassettes without screws is fine.  I'm just having a problem finding a company that does that.  I would prefer getting a recommendation from someone here first (if anyone still sends their LO cassette tapes).  The property guy also told me there isn't any word yet about MP3s at Taylorville and that they've "been talking about it for over 3 years."   :wc96: