• April 22, 2018, 04:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: MP3 Players Coming?  (Read 11747 times)

Offline nhealey

Re: MP3 Players Coming?
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »
Hi Sizz...My son just called and told me the MP3 players are 75.00.

$75 for an MP3 player is ridiculous. I can go get a brand new 16Gb one for $30.00

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 06:46:17 AM »
My husband's MP3 player is associated with Connect Network and he is able to send me messages back. When I send him messages he has to sync the player to the kiosk and he is able to read them on his player. It truly has been a great source of communication when money gets low on the phone. I would definitely recommend anybody who can to utilize the device/service.

What kind of charges do you have through Connect Network for the messaging?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline pt1318

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
My husband's MP3 player is associated with Connect Network and he is able to send me messages back. When I send him messages he has to sync the player to the kiosk and he is able to read them on his player. It truly has been a great source of communication when money gets low on the phone. I would definitely recommend anybody who can to utilize the device/service.

Thanks for the info, that does sound great! :wc7: I wonder if they offer the 2-way messaging only at the test sites for now because on both the IDOC website and connect network's it says that it's one way only. But I hope they'll get the MP3 players real soon (finally!) and fingers crossed it'll work both ways for all of us.
Merry Christmas to everyone! sillydeer
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline sarashane

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
I thought the mp3s were through Jpay. What is this Connect Network? In LA we  emailed each other on Jpay. Im confused.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline AandMR

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »

Can you tell me what the prices look like on these messages?
Loverlover

Offline keyvee78

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »

Good Morning Forevermah!

The charges are 5 messages for $1.50
                          10 messages for $3.00
                          20 messages for $4.00

The letters are 2000 characters and I usually send him $20 worth and buy $20 worth for myself which last for quite awhile.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 02:15:18 PM »

Good Morning Forevermah!

10 messages for $3.00
                          20 messages for $4.00

The letters are 2000 characters and I usually send him $20 worth and buy $20 worth for myself which last for quite awhile.

Thank you !!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline babybabybaby

• Charity for all, malice towards none.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 10:11:25 AM »

OK I am going to try this. Where do I send the money? I am going g to go to the web site and see if I can figure this out.
Good Morning Forevermah!

10 messages for $3.00
                          20 messages for $4.00

Thank you !!
The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay.
Love isn't love until you give it away.

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline geminancer35

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:46 AM »
Is Connect Network through Securus or JPay?

Offline keyvee78

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 08:22:13 AM »
It is not through either company. It is under a company called GTL I believe. Go to connectnetwork.com for more information and I think it will tell you if your facility is supported.

Offline cem31

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 09:28:25 AM »
With sync time included, how long does it take for you to receive your texts and also for your LO to receive theirs?

Offline keyvee78

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »
It really depends on the staff and facility I believe. Sometimes I will send my husband a message in the morning and it is approved within the hour or sooner. They will email you and say your message has been approved. Once I get the approval email I know that my husband can go to the kiosk and sync (download) the message to his player. Over the weekend the messages turnaround is pretty slow. For the most part we both typically receive the messages the same day, especially if we send them early. It has definitely been a great form of communication.

Offline Schmaltzy

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »
My husbands facility will have these MP3/tablets by the end of march I believe. I've looked on GTL  and have set up an account for messaging. I didn't see anything at all regarding the MP3 player and how your loved one can purchase songs or even how to fund his acct to do so. Any info?
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........

Offline keyvee78

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »
To purchase music they must use money from their commissary. My husband goes to the kiosk and selects the songs he wants to purchase, and then the day he goes to the store he purchases the songs.

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
Any idea when Dixon may get them mp3s?

Offline Schmaltzy

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »
Thanks for answering kayvee
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........

Offline Arrabella

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 07:27:35 PM »
Any idea when Dixon may get them mp3s?

Apparently Dixon will have the MP3 players and email facilities by June/July time.  That's what they've been told anyway. Believe it when I see it!

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »
My LO is at Hill and they are getting them soon.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 12:28:47 AM »
Big muddy has had them for awhile in fact they were just able to order upgraded ones. My husband and I use ours everyday. If he messages me of morning I usually get it in time to message him back and him still get it that day. They rely are worth the money they are life savers.right before my mom died she was having all kinds of surgeries and slipped into a coma for a week and the messages gave us a way of me keeping him updated and him being able to be there more for me than just phone calls.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Skittles58

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:11 PM »
I am really confused as to why this is a different company. So will we now have connection, jpay and securus? What about the video kiosks who will that be through? I hope all of the prisons get this I especially right now can't travel and would love the video option. If anyone hears Pontiac is getting anything please post. Thanks 💐