• April 24, 2018, 07:33:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: How to send an email?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
How to send an email?
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:35:51 AM »
Hello all, Its been a while since i have had to send any mail to a l/o in Idoc. I hear it can be done through email now.. Is that correct? I know a friend sends her l/o and email, the l/o is in S'ville. Currently my friend is in S ville receiving. so i dont know can I send an email or do I have to wait until he gets to his parent facility??  Does all IDOC facility particapate in email? If so how do i set this up?
I am in Texas and thinking this is a quicker way of communication (on my end)

Any info will be great and thanks.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: How to send an email?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
Hello all, Its been a while since i have had to send any mail to a l/o in Idoc. I hear it can be done through email now.. Is that correct? I know a friend sends her l/o and email, the l/o is in S'ville. Currently my friend is in S ville receiving. so i dont know can I send an email or do I have to wait until he gets to his parent facility??  Does all IDOC facility particapate in email? If so how do i set this up?
I am in Texas and thinking this is a quicker way of communication (on my end)

Any info will be great and thanks.

Inmates cannot be on computers, so if they are sending emails to a service and that service is sending in the email for a fee, aren't you better off just printing off your email and mailing it for $.48???

Does Jpay do this for you?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »
from my understanding emails are printed then given to the inmates like/with regular mail it just gets there quickier, and the inmates  have to reply regular mail. My concern is more of having my friend get mail (pass time & not feel alone) and not me getting mail.  I looked ay Jpay and states email services but then it says send money, so I am confused and looking to see if any one has done this and how
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline jailbirdmom

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 01:02:26 PM »
I've called Jpay about this and it seems they print off the emails and put them in regular mail so technically IDOC does not handle email

Offline jcruz1104

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
thank you MAH and jailbirdmom. I dont get then how this is different or quicker or anything. it is like Mah said same thing as me mailing it.
Maybe i misunderstod my friend. She said she doesnt pay anything nor does he, she sends and email hes in stateville and it seems like he gets them with in 48 hours..
Thanks again!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »

thank you MAH and jailbirdmom. I dont get then how this is different or quicker or anything. it is like Mah said same thing as me mailing it.
Maybe i misunderstod my friend. She said she doesnt pay anything nor does he, she sends and email hes in stateville and it seems like he gets them with in 48 hours..
Thanks again!

It is a way for Jpay or whomever is doing this to make $$$ that is it.

IDOC is NOT going to print off emails sent to each inmate and give them to them. Think again on that one  :wc35: :wc94:

Just keep doing what you are doing and save athe $$$.  Someone is always out there to make money on someone.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cjm090

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 10:02:42 PM »
I don't even think email through JPAY is an option for IDOC. I remember reading up on this when I first opened my account. It was offered in several other states but not Illinois.

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
My nephew is in Menards and told me I can email him but Inforgot the website, what is it?

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »
Www.connectnetwork.com
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Donandkat

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 11:36:57 AM »
I use connectnetwork.com  send him a message everyday it's $4.00 FOR 20 Messages and you can send him some so he can answer back I love it.

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »
I use connectnetwork.com  send him a message everyday it's $4.00 FOR 20 Messages and you can send him some so he can answer back I love it.
   I just signed up for this and was able to deposit 4 dollars for mine, but didn't find an option to put any towards his. Keep in mind, he ordered his but it hasn't been Delivered yet. Once he has it and it's registered in, will I then be able to go to the site and follow prompts to add money for his emails?

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 08:02:10 AM »
Does he have to have the mp3 for it to work? I tried, and added money and clicked his name then it says its not allowed there.

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 04:53:24 AM »
Does he have to have the mp3 for it to work? I tried, and added money and clicked his name then it says its not allowed there.

When I set up my account, I first had to state where he was and then his name. At that point it informed me of what was offered at my loved ones facility. I can deposit money or buy emails there, nothing more. It was at that point where I was prompted to click emails and was then able to choose how many I wanted to purchase.

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 07:40:32 AM »
At least at Hill, yes.  That's why we're waiting excitedly for them to get the mp 3's!  (August supposedly)

Offline His Queen

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 07:37:53 AM »
You have the option to send him message credits after you send your message but right before you agree to their terms so read carefully. Also, he doesn't have to have a device to receive messages, he can read and/Or send them at the kiosk.

Offline blickly

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
If they do not have the MP3 player are they some how notified that they have a email so they can check the kiosk?  also i see that the connect network offers to send money to the l/o.. does it work as well as Jpay?  sorry im new to this.. and wet behind my ears.. only 30 days in and thank goodness only have 9 months to go.. all your help is appreciated.

Offline Sissy12

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 10:59:51 PM »
I had sent an email before he got his mp3 and he was never told just by me that i sent him one. I now send my money thu them to. It works just as well as Jpay and the fee is cheaper.
url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
[