• April 22, 2018, 01:01:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Update on Inmate transfer with Compact agreement  (Read 1982 times)

Offline hiswifeforlife

Update on Inmate transfer with Compact agreement
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
I regret to report that the request for my hubby to be sent to North Carolina with the Interstate Compact Agreement has hit a snag/stall.  I was informed by my husband's counselor as well as the Illinois Interstate Compact office that Chicago Police Department has not sent a police report that is needed in Illinois for them to send the paperwork to North Carolina.  Unfortunately anyone that has had the misfortune of dealing with Chicago PD knows my pain..... It's like pulling teeth with no anesthetic to get them to do anything.  Needless to say the report that they submitted was merely a rap sheet and when I inquired about it myself I was given the run around... henceforth my hubby will be required to remain in Illinois while I on the other hand am still in North Carolina!!!

:wc4: :wc4: :wc20: :wc20: :wc21: :wc21:

I have been wracking my brain of how to get the correct paperwork but alas I am at my wits end.......

Offline OnOurOwn16

Re: Update on Inmate transfer with Compact agreement
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »
hiswifeforlife,

Do you mind elaborating a bit on the denial of Intrastate Compact due to the record issue from Chicago?
My husband will be doing intrastate compact and as we near our release I want to have all my ducks in a row and no loopholes or pinholes or any of that!
You mention that the CPD had to send a record of your husband's arrests/convictions to both the IL and NC offices of Intrastate Compact?
I know when trying to review my husband's criminal record, I found information online that advised individuals to contact the IL State Police Department. The ISP would be able to run essentially a background check on your l/o and provide a rather in depth breakdown of criminal history.
It seems a little crazy that you would be responsible for collecting this criminal paperwork when IDOC, CPD and the Intrastate Compact Offices all seem to be umbrella'ed under the same focus (e.g. criminal justice, arrests, convictions, incarceration, parole, probation etc.)

Feel free to PM if you'd like but I definitely want to hear more!!! As I know nothing about the Intrastate process and as I mentioned - we are preparing to navigate those uncharted waters soon! 

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 02:15:53 PM »
I regret to report that the request for my hubby to be sent to North Carolina with the Interstate Compact Agreement has hit a snag/stall.  I was informed by my husband's counselor as well as the Illinois Interstate Compact office that Chicago Police Department has not sent a police report that is needed in Illinois for them to send the paperwork to North Carolina.  Unfortunately anyone that has had the misfortune of dealing with Chicago PD knows my pain..... It's like pulling teeth with no anesthetic to get them to do anything.  Needless to say the report that they submitted was merely a rap sheet and when I inquired about it myself I was given the run around... henceforth my hubby will be required to remain in Illinois while I on the other hand am still in North Carolina!!!

:wc4: :wc4: :wc20: :wc20: :wc21: :wc21:

I have been wracking my brain of how to get the correct paperwork but alas I am at my wits end.......

Is this something NC is asking for? My l/o did a IC in march 2014 from Illinois (crime commited in Chicago) to Texas and at no time, did I or our l/o have to request anything. My l/o requested for IC, our family wrote supporting letters and thats all. Other than my weekly status check.

& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline hiswifeforlife

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
I spoke with my husband's counselor as well as personnel at the Illinois Interstate Compact Office and they advised me that "I would need to get the police report for the incident in which he is currently incarcerated on". Problem being I am in North Carolina and they have no internet options so I sent a family member to CPD and they were told "We(CPD) can not release the report with someone else's information so it would be blacked out". Now mind you I had originally submitted paperwork in October 2014 to IDOC and was told at that time it was too early to work on the compact and they would begin on December 5, 2014. Fast forward to February 21, 2015 and essentially I am being made to do work that they should have done months ago and this needs to be wrapped up before my hubby's release date of April 2, 2015!!!! I was also informed by the Illinois Compact office that they "had" requested information from Chicago Police Department but all they got back was a rap sheet!!  My frustration with Illinois is at an all time high and you would think if there is someone that is genuinely concerned and has the interest of the inmate at the forefront they would give some type of assistance in getting this resolved. So needless to say the love of my life and I will be separated for a while longer until we can get this resolved but the good thing is even after he is released we are going to still pursue him coming here I don't want either of us still in Illinois anymore