• April 22, 2018, 01:02:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer question  (Read 1368 times)

Offline btrainor

Transfer question
« on: August 27, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »
I am frustrated to death and don't know where else to get help. I have since January spoken to Springfield, the warden and my brothers counselor. I was told in January that he would be eligible for a transfer in April so long as he continued to do well and stay out of trouble. He has done that and they told as much. Now the counselor let him apply to a medium security facility knowing he would be denied and couldn't re-apply for 6 months but didn't request a change in his classification. Of course he was denied. He has been told by the Warden he qualifies but she has said she will not request it because he was in Tamms in the past. My Mother is ill and hasn't seen him in years we are trying to get him closer so we can get her to see him before she dies. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to request even if they wont reclassify why not tell him before he waste a request and 6 more months of my mothers time. Please I don't know what I can do to help here looking for answer. I have tried to contact the counselor again first she was in a class now there is no response.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Transfer question
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

btrainor Welcome to IPT!

It is true that once they put in for a transfer they won't be considered again for 6 months.

Have you talked to your State Rep and asked if they is anything they can do to help?

I see you already called Springfield and talked to his counselor and warden, so not sure where else you can go with that and not sure if they will even let him reapply until October if he just applied in April.

I am sure if any of our other members have a suggestions they will post to you too.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”