• April 22, 2018, 12:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Calculating Time on Sentence  (Read 8603 times)

Offline gman23

Calculating Time on Sentence
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:05:43 PM »
what is 85% of a 5yr sentence with 260 days county time taken off

Offline tkesde1

Re: time
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
It would depend on the Mittmus docs, but start with the custody date (the day he went into county) just figure 85% of 5 years & you should get your answer. Which would be 4 years & 3 months. 8.5 mo. Again, all counts on Mittmus.nths credit (roughly) -  another 3 years &  6.5 months (rough estimate without dates)
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Calculating Time on Sentence
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »
what is 85% of a 5yr sentence with 260 days county time taken off

5 years = 60 months @ 85% is 51 months minus 8 months 20 days country time = 42 months approximately 20 days ...     

He cannot earn any time off for classes/programs goodtime with an 85 % conviction, so he is going to do the 3 1/2 years and.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:35:11 AM »
His time does NOT start when entering county. It begins when IDOC gets him.

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »
Really? What about 45 years at 85%?Isn't it 37 years?Tomorrow makes six years all together that my fiance has been away including county trime...So how much longer does that leave him?I thought 31 years until I read your post...
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 01:18:27 PM »
It varies.  My sons sentence did include county time, all of it counted.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
The reason MarksGuy time starts when you get to IDOC, is because some guys do not get credit for county time.  It all depends on the reason they are waiting in county and it should always be noted in the Mittimus, that the judge granted time served in county.

When brought back on a parole violation on new charges, the time waiting on the new charges does not count. If the inmate gets more time on his new conviction, then big time eats little time and he starts all over on the new conviction, with no credit for county.

A few years back, it is all here on IPT, there was a law suit about all this, I will see if I can find it and post the links for more information.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 01:48:53 PM »
Really? What about 45 years at 85%?Isn't it 37 years?Tomorrow makes six years all together that my fiance has been away including county trime...So how much longer does that leave him?I thought 31 years until I read your post...

45 years @ 85% is actuall 38 years and 20 + days, you were figuring in his credit for county time I am sure.

Offline gman23

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »
the what you call juge that he had did say he gets good time for being in county

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 06:25:46 AM »
 If the Mittimus says he gets credit for time served in county, no need to contact the court, you can also see this on judici.com if your county uses judici.

He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »
the what you call juge that he had did say he gets good time for being in county

If he gets credit for his county time, then that should reflect on his out date on the IDOC website, it sometimes takes IDOC a little while to update that too, so if it doesn't show up right away, just keep an eye on it and it should at some point.

Offline Khamp

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »
My l/o was sentenced to 3 years on June 6th. On the IDOC website it shows they have already given him the 50% and the week in county.
I have heard from some unhappy family members that the 3 years was mandatory. If that were the case they wouldn't have given him the
50% would they? Or can this change now? I was in the courtroom and the judge didn't say it was mandatory. Thank you.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »
My l/o was sentenced to 3 years on June 6th. On the IDOC website it shows they have already given him the 50% and the week in county.
I have heard from some unhappy family members that the 3 years was mandatory. If that were the case they wouldn't have given him the
50% would they? Or can this change now? I was in the courtroom and the judge didn't say it was mandatory. Thank you.

He got 3 years @50%, then he would do 18 months minus his county time.  He will have to do parole time too once he is out, but if he behaves himself and does what he is suppose to that could be cut in 1/2 too, all depends on him.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »
 :wc96: Sorry I wasn't more specific. Most inmates are credited for time spent in county, depending on why they are there (picked up on a parole violation being one of the times they aren't). I meant to say that the SENTENCE does not start until they are in IDOC custody. That's why, when we help with calculations, we do the sentence @ __% minus county time.

Offline Khamp

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
I'm sorry   :wc96: My questions is if the outdate is for a year and a half  on the IDOC website under his name
would they change that now? They would have figured that out in receiving wouldn't they? Im just wondering if
the date will change now if it is already on there. Do they normal change the out date to a later time after they
have been in r&c ?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »
I'm sorry   :wc96: My questions is if the outdate is for a year and a half  on the IDOC website under his name
would they change that now? They would have figured that out in receiving wouldn't they? Im just wondering if
the date will change now if it is already on there. Do they normal change the out date to a later time after they
have been in r&c ?

No, they would not change that, from your other post he got 3 years at 50% that would be 18 months.  Now if he gets into any kind of trouble, they could tack time on.

Offline jejordan2014

• One Day this will all be just a dream!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 11:11:19 PM »
I also have a question about the IDOC website and the out date thing. My husband was granted day for day for the time he served in the county he has been at Graham R&C for 6 days and they just have the 50% so they say 6 years so July 2020 how long does it usually take for them to update it to show his 6 months of county time he served??? Sorry for all the questions I am just a really stressed wife!!!
Always and Forever as One

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 06:35:47 AM »
I also have a question about the IDOC website and the out date thing. My husband was granted day for day for the time he served in the county he has been at Graham R&C for 6 days and they just have the 50% so they say 6 years so July 2020 how long does it usually take for them to update it to show his 6 months of county time he served??? Sorry for all the questions I am just a really stressed wife!!!

He was granted time served in county, not day for day like in IDOC right?  If he is eligible, they will update his profile once they have gone through all that.   Keep an eye on it to be sure, otherwise he'll have to check into it. Also, his Mittimus should show that he was granted credit for that time.

Offline jejordan2014

• One Day this will all be just a dream!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 08:11:35 AM »
No he was granted day for day in the county. he was in there for 3 months so the judge said he will get 6 months off. I check the site every morning and every night sometimes in between LOL I just look at his pic.
Always and Forever as One

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »
No he was granted day for day in the county. he was in there for 3 months so the judge said he will get 6 months off. I check the site every morning and every night sometimes in between LOL I just look at his pic.

That doesn't happen. You need to get his mittimus. They I me get time for days not double. He should only get 3 months. Sorry on phone it should say only get.  Won't let me correct.