• April 22, 2018, 12:48:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Projected parole date  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Illinigirl

Projected parole date
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:14:58 PM »
Hi-

I don't believe that my boyfriend'a projected parole date is correct on the IDOC website. He went into custody on 6/25/14. Sentenced to 2 years. Non-violent, first time going to prison. According to the sentencing paperwork (as told to me by him and his attorney) and also the county records website, he was given 304 days county time served. The projected parole date is 6/25/15. Discharge date of 6/25/16.

From what it appears, it does not look like the 304 days were credited. Will this change? He went to IDOC on 7/1/14. It updated last Wednesday with the projected parole date.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

We were both expecting a parole date in August 2014.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Projected parole date
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 10:25:41 PM »
It should change he'll just have to wait till it does on the IDOC website. IDOC is sometimes slow on these updates.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Illinigirl

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't sure how long it took for that to be updated. I'm trying to be patient. Thankfully your site here has a lot of helpful information.

Offline Illinigirl

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
I guess I don't understand why after three weeks in IDOC custody it still hasn't been updated. The mittmus clearly states the credit. Something does not seem right here.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
I guess I don't understand why after three weeks in IDOC custody it still hasn't been updated. The mittmus clearly states the credit. Something does not seem right here.

Is he still in R&C?

If the information provided up  above is correct that he only had to serve 1 year and he had 304 days credit, he would have 61 days left and that is now almost 30 days ago, so if he gets credit for all the county time, which I am sure IDOC is still checking into, he should be out soon, they will give him credit, if he has credit coming.

Have you called his counselor?

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Illinigirl

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
He is no longer in r&c. He was there about two weeks and was transferred last week to a parent prison.

The mittimus had a check box next to the line that says something about the defendant gets credit for 304 days spent in custody. I don't have it in front of me to quote it directly.

I have not called his counselor (yet). This is my first time dealing with this situation so I've been unsure of how to handle things.

Offline Illinigirl

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »
I called the prison today. The counselor was not much help, but they transferred me to the records office upon my request. The woman there was actually aware of the situation because his file ended up on her desk yesterday. She wasn't sure why it hadn't been changed but the credit clearly stated and will be applied.

Thank you for listening and responding.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »
I called the prison today. The counselor was not much help, but they transferred me to the records office upon my request. The woman there was actually aware of the situation because his file ended up on her desk yesterday. She wasn't sure why it hadn't been changed but the credit clearly stated and will be applied.

Thank you for listening and responding.

You are welcome, IDOC moves at their pace, sometimes not as quickly as we would like, but it eventually *usually* gets done.  Glad they will be updating his information soon and glad IPT was here to help.

Offline Illinigirl

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
Thanks again for helping me to be patient. It was updated today (finally). Picking him up in a few weeks.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »
Thanks again for helping me to be patient. It was updated today (finally). Picking him up in a few weeks.

You are welcome, glad we could help.

Glad to hear that and the best to you both!!! Will he be totally done with IDOC once you pick him up?

Offline Illinigirl

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
No unfortunately he has one year of parole.