• April 22, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer to Lincoln  (Read 1472 times)

Offline jevans

Transfer to Lincoln
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
Anyone have any information good or bad on LIncoln???...

Offline me

• Support Staff
Re: Transfer to Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:05:46 PM »
What kind of info are you looking for?  For the inmate or people visiting?

Lincoln is a pretty good place.  Minimum, dorm style facility.  Alot of work and class opportunities.  It is air-conditioned in the summer.

They get 7 visits a month.  3 visitors per visit unless you get approval for more.  Visits are 4 hours long (2 hours if over crowding happens).  The visiting room if pretty nice with a play area and toys for kids.  Most of the staff is pretty nice.  Dress appropriately.  The only jewelry allowed is earrings (smaller than a dime).  Wedding rings and a watch.  No lockers, you have to leave everything except your identification and vending card in your car.  The vending card costs $5 and you will need a $5 bill to purchase it and then get a credit of $3.  The vending machines themselves are a little pricey in my opinion.  $6 for a burger or hot sandwich.  They have a coffee machine and 3 soda machines. 

Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Offline jevans

Re: Transfer to Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
Thank you and yes my L/0 wants to transfer out and was curious about Lincoln...