• April 22, 2018, 12:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfers  (Read 3193 times)

Offline kbensman

Transfers
« on: May 19, 2014, 05:06:50 PM »
my son at Dixon says they may transfer him to another prison.  Does this happen often and why?  He is currently in SEG again.  Do they transfer because of behavior issues?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: transfers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Sometimes after they get in trouble at one prison they do move them to another prison, you'll just have to watch the IDOC  website and see where they send him.   They normally update the IDOC website every evening after 10.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kellykel

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:41:47 AM »
When they transfer an inmate from County Jail to Stateville for Reception. About what time do they notify through vinelink? How soon will I know if he was transfered today?
I'm not the best at this waiting game.
Thank you!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »
When they transfer an inmate from County Jail to Stateville for Reception. About what time do they notify through vinelink? How soon will I know if he was transfered today?
I'm not the best at this waiting game.
Thank you!

You may get a vinelink call or email today or tomorrow, if he is transferred.

Once he is there and they update the website, his information will show up.  Check the IDOC website tonight starting around 10PM to see if his profile page comes up.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kellykel

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »
Forevermah,
I can not stress to you enough how your quick replies are appreciated. You truly make a difference in your responses through this and it is comforting to me and I'm certain others would agree. Thank you for your dedication. You give light in this darkness.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 11:44:39 AM »
Forevermah,
I can not stress to you enough how your quick replies are appreciated. You truly make a difference in your responses through this and it is comforting to me and I'm certain others would agree. Thank you for your dedication. You give light in this darkness.

You are welcome, glad IPT is here to help you and others through this journey!  I hope you find out soon if he has been moved.

Offline stressedmom

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
I dont know if it is still the same but if your l/o is in Cook County as far as I know they only transfer to Statesville on Monday's and Friday's.  Maybe someone else who has had a L/O there more recently can confirm this.

Offline Spell0614

Re: Transfers
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 12:46:31 AM »
My l/o has been approved since May 2013 and hasn't been transferred yet.  He is trying to be transferred from Lawrence to Danville. The sad thing is he heard from other prisoners who been denied in the past getting approved and transfer immediately.

Offline onesadmomma

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »
I dont know if it is still the same but if your l/o is in Cook County as far as I know they only transfer to Statesville on Monday's and Friday's.  Maybe someone else who has had a L/O there more recently can confirm this.

My son transferred to Stateville from Cook County on a Thursday in April.

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »
From what R has told me, they have been moving a lot of people out of Dixon without much notice and without a "reason" (I'm sure there is a reason, but the inmates moving are saying they don't know why). So I guess it's not uncommon.  :wc64:
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.