• April 21, 2018, 05:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Who Chooses??  (Read 5333 times)

Offline MizzKortz

Who Chooses??
« on: January 18, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »
Do anybody know how the transfer process work? Like once they are approved, who chooses who goes and when? My loved one has been approved to go to jacksonville like 3 times now n still hasnt been moved. He seen other people that put in afterhim leave tho... any ideas as to what may be keeping him? Or how I can find out? Thanks.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Who Chooses??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 04:30:28 PM »
Do anybody know how the transfer process work? Like once they are approved, who chooses who goes and when? My loved one has been approved to go to jacksonville like 3 times now n still hasnt been moved. He seen other people that put in afterhim leave tho... any ideas as to what may be keeping him? Or how I can find out? Thanks.

Have the other people gone to Jacksonville or someone else?  Sometimes it takes time for the transfers to go through, bed space has to open up.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline I 43Chris

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »
My Hubby is not going to Jacksonville hes going to big muddy from Menard... Hes been approved to go for a while like 2 1/2 months hes still not been transferred as of yet tho hes been in r&c sence Oct. 18Th and everyone says something different ive called Springfield multiple times I've called attorneys and its all just one great big run around ... I hope you have better luck then I've had

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 06:39:30 AM »
My Hubby is not going to Jacksonville hes going to big muddy from Menard... Hes been approved to go for a while like 2 1/2 months hes still not been transferred as of yet tho hes been in r&c sence Oct. 18Th and everyone says something different ive called Springfield multiple times I've called attorneys and its all just one great big run around ... I hope you have better luck then I've had

When a bed opens up he will be moved if he's already been approved, IDOC is very overcrowded and he is lucky he is being moved as many are denied because of this overcrowding.

Your calling lawyers, Springfield and whomever is not going to help that move, it could actually hurt.

Hope he is moved soon!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline MizzKortz

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »

Have the other people gone to Jacksonville or someone else?  Sometimes it takes time for the transfers to go through, bed space has to open up.

The way he reacting I would think jacksonville.. he will call soon tho n I will ask him.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »
That's ODD.  My hubby is in Jacksonville and he said guys transfer in every week.  My hubby was approved for Jacksonville back in Feb 2013 and he was approved and left a week later from Centralia. 

They are having a lot of in and out of seg problems right now, maybe that's the delay. 

Hope you find out soon.  Is it possible your L/O is in a class or on medical hold?  That would keep him from transferring.

Offline kellykel

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 01:00:18 AM »
What is a class hold and what is a medical hold? (medical hold is obvious, but I am an information junkie at this point)
We are anxiously waiting and I'm praying that there is nothing holding him up..... Thank you all for your help, this site is a lifesaver for me!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 07:37:11 AM »
What is a class hold and what is a medical hold? (medical hold is obvious, but I am an information junkie at this point)
We are anxiously waiting and I'm praying that there is nothing holding him up..... Thank you all for your help, this site is a lifesaver for me!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Could be his conviction Class .. he is still in R&C right?

Offline kellykel

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
yes, he is still in R&C.
They said he will be going to Jacksonville. He has seen multiple people leave for Jacksonville and he is still there in R&C.
There is an issue with his class/offense being incorrect in the IDOC system. My concern is that is holding him up.
thanks again all for shedding light on this

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »
yes, he is still in R&C.
They said he will be going to Jacksonville. He has seen multiple people leave for Jacksonville and he is still there in R&C.
There is an issue with his class/offense being incorrect in the IDOC system. My concern is that is holding him up.
thanks again all for shedding light on this

There are probably going over all his paperwork to be sure that his conviction was classed right and he won't move until they have it all straight.   Depending on the Class/conviction, it determines how long he would spend in prison. 

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »
Moves are dependent on bed space at other facilities.  My ex-husband put a transfer in from Lawrence to Big Muddy. He was approved right away but it took 8 months for him to move and this was before the massive overcrowding.  Sometime being patient is the only option you have with IDOC.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.