• April 22, 2018, 12:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Credit given for county time served?  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Lu

Credit given for county time served?
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
It appears in IDOC records that my son was not given credit for almost 7 months served in Cook County jail prior to his sentencing.   Where do I go to check this out and hopefully get that time credited to his out date?   Records personnel at Lawrence were no help.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Credit given for county time served?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:36:07 PM »
Do you have a copy of his MITTIMUS (official sentencing paperwork)  It should state on there, that he is to get credit for all time served in county.

Once you have that, I would then contact someone at Lawrence/Springfield to get it credited.

Here is a topic on how to obtain his MITTIMUS:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=16218.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Lu

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:04:43 AM »
Thank you!   I do not have a copy of the MITTITUS but will follow these instructions and try to get it straightened out.  This is a big help!

Offline tamron214

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
Lu...
My son had the same problem. We had to contact his lawyer and he set a court date to have the judge send another mittimus to IDOC. They (Idoc) wouldn't accept the mittimus from us or from his attorney. It had to come directly from the court. It was straightened out within about 10 days after they received it. It did have to go from the court to Stateville and then to his parent institution. For my son it was a difference of 270 days of time served in county. IDOC was also stating that he was on parole violation. He has never been to prison or on parole. IDOC (Springfield) was able to clear that up without the court. My son was also in Cook County jail. When he was transported to NRC at Stateville is when the mittimus was not recorded properly. Once he was at NRC somehow he also ended up with 5 tattoos. (He doesn't have any!) Some of the ones they say he has are drug related. Not good when someone is looking at his file and he is trying to get into drug classes. IDOC site still says he has these tattoos. Seems there is always something to clear up.   Good Luck.

Offline Lu

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:54:11 PM »
I appreciate your additional information.  I was hoping not to have to contact the lawyer for anything else although he should have made sure all this was done.   Court and lawyer were not a reassuring process!   Will give it a try.  Thanks!