• April 21, 2018, 05:48:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer to Stateville  (Read 2729 times)

Offline sfaith4686

Transfer to Stateville
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »
ok, so after years of requests my lo was transferred unexpectedly from menard to stateville.  he called me right away to let me know and is in receiving until they put him in one of the houses there.  Any idea how long this process typically takes? he really needs some $$ because they took a lot of his stuff and told him he'd have to replace it there but I'm leary to put any $ on his books until i know he's going to be staying there. any advise?

Offline sfaith4686

Transferred From Menard To Stateville
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
my lo has been transferred, unexpectedly, from menard - where he's been for 13 years- to stateville.  Any idea why this would happen??? Does that mean they're reclassifying him??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Transfer to Stateville
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »
ok, so after years of requests my lo was transferred unexpectedly from menard to stateville.  he called me right away to let me know and is in receiving until they put him in one of the houses there.  Any idea how long this process typically takes? he really needs some $$ because they took a lot of his stuff and told him he'd have to replace it there but I'm leary to put any $ on his books until i know he's going to be staying there. any advise?

Wait until you see his profile updated on IDOC and then you can add money to his inmate trust account.  Even if you added it now, he would still get it no matter where he will be, it may just take time to catch up to him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
In
my lo has been transferred, unexpectedly, from menard - where he's been for 13 years- to stateville.  Any idea why this would happen??? Does that mean they're reclassifying him??

Inmates are transferred back and forth between prisons all the time.  It all depends on what IDOC decides to do with them.  He was moved from one Maximum to another, he won't be reclassified.  How much time does he have left to do?

I merged both your topics about the same thing together.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline sfaith4686

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »
Thank you! He has 27 years to go.. I know, it's a lifetime but the last 13 have flown by so I'm optimistic the rest will too :) His profile has already been updated so, after what you've said here, I think I'll just go ahead and get that money over to him now.  I'm sure he needs it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »
Thank you! He has 27 years to go.. I know, it's a lifetime but the last 13 have flown by so I'm optimistic the rest will too :) His profile has already been updated so, after what you've said here, I think I'll just go ahead and get that money over to him now.  I'm sure he needs it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Normally, until they are under 20 years, they will stay in a Maximum Security facility.  After that he could moved to a medium. 

You are welcome, glad IPT is here to help!