• April 22, 2018, 12:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Approved Prison Transfer  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Cristian1976

Approved Prison Transfer
« on: November 09, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
One of my relatives is in Lawrence correctional center and he got approved to move to a new prison. But he got approved since April and they haven't switched him. Does anyone know a number I can contact to see if they can already switch him.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Approved prison change
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
One of my relatives is in Lawrence correctional center and he got approved to move to a new prison. But he got approved since April and they haven't switched him. Does anyone know a number I can contact to see if they can already switch him.

If he is approved for another prison, when the space opens up at that prison he will be moved, you calling won't help anything, it could actually hurt.    Hope he is moved soon.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
Re: Approved prison change
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »
A friend of mine also is in Lawrence and had a transfer approved since probably April also.  He is still at Lawrence waiting.

Offline MsYu1113

Re: Approved Prison Transfer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:08:32 AM »
My LO is also at Lawrence awaiting a transfer. He was approved in March or April. He has heard that some guys have waited as long as 18 months after being approved. We're being patient & just waiting for the word. Good luck to your LOs!!

Offline cinlu87

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »
My hubby was approved around that time also, he talked to a guy who has been waiting over a year already. So it most likely won't be anytime soon.

Offline olivebug

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
 :wc14:

Hi, I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. My lo is at his parent prison Menard Medium and today had his PTR hearing. At the hearing he was given a tiny bit more time (only turns out to add 2 months so I am ok with it).  But, at the hearing his attorney and judge put in the mittimus alcohol and drug treatment. At menard medium they dont give credit for this...but they have AA mtgs which he attends. Will he get transferred (we are hoping so) to another parent prison where they have actual treatment programs and if so, does it take a while for that to happen? We are hoping he can get somewhere where he can get credit for attending these classes.

thanks!

Offline Spell0614

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:02:13 AM »
My l/o has been approved since May 2013 and hasn't been transferred yet.  He is trying to be transferred from Lawrence to Danville. The sad thing is he heard from other prisoners who been denied in the past getting approved and transfer immediately.