• April 24, 2018, 07:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: 5th felony sentencing  (Read 5967 times)

Offline badbowtie24

5th felony sentencing
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »
if someone has had 4 prior felonies two years ago.. has been offered drug court and failed. went to boot camp and passed for those 4 felonies. got out and overdosed on heroin while on house arrest. they sent him to rehab and he completed. also completed parole for those 4 felonies. now this person just got a class 4 felony for a possession of heroin charge what is the likelihood of them serving time. also is there a way you can look up the status of a case from home?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: 5th felony sentencing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »
There is no telling what a judge will order you to do.  

It depends on what county you are in? as to if you can look up cases on line.  
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline badbowtie24

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:37:32 AM »
Madison

Offline suzanne

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
I am also very confused about the sentencing thing! My b/f got an aggrevated dui and the judge gave him 1year and 5 months. His lawyer said he will do 91 days....are they pulling my leg?!!!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »
I am also very confused about the sentencing thing! My b/f got an aggrevated dui and the judge gave him 1year and 5 months. His lawyer said he will do 91 days....are they pulling my leg?!!!

Just count on 8.5 months, to date I don't think anyone with an AGG DUI has earned the extra six months goodtime.  Don't get your hopes up for something that may not happen. 
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »
Madison

The site I was thinking of, Judici.com,  does not have records for Madison County and I am not sure if MC allows internet searches of court records.

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 07:49:04 AM »
Madison and St Clair county does have a records search but you have to go to their government website.  Many other counties are on Judici.com
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline suzanne

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »
 :wc94: So this is me right now! I guess everything my l/o's lawyer and the States Att. agreed on are moot? I sat there and heard them say 3 months....can they change their mind? Uhhhggghhhh! Im so frustrated! I know I will feel better when I see something on the IDOC website besides "to be determined"!

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
Unfortunately, a lot of lawyers have no clue about how IDOC works. Many still operate under the assumption that good time is handed out readily. To know how much time your loved one will serve, take their sentence and cut it in half (assuming that it is a 50% sentence). Then subtract any time spent in county jail during trial. That is the number you should go by.

Offline badbowtie24

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
I'M just asking if he is likley to serve. He thinks if he starts a saboxone ttreatment the judge will go easy but they are cracking down on heroin because of allthese people over dosing. And this is his fifth felony