• April 22, 2018, 01:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Another County To Prison Question  (Read 2404 times)

Offline brookes619

Another County To Prison Question
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
After sentencing how long before a LO has to wait before being transferred to reception/prison?

Offline lori491999

Re: Another County To Prison Question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
It all depends, but I think counties usually transfer once a week.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:51:14 PM »
Our l/o was transferred a day after sentencing. He was in Cook County and it was a Friday. This was about a month ago. He then sat in Stateville RNC for about 3 weeks. We received 2 letters he took write outs with him, and we received 1 call. (This is different for everyone, on how long/short they are in RNC and if letters and calls will reach you. not everyone is lucky. However, you can write letters may take awhile to get to your l/o but they will follow him when he is moved.) Then he was transferred to his parent facility.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline brookes619

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:20 PM »
that was fast! Thanks. I know it could be a little longer- like weeks but not months

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »
After sentencing, its normally a few days to week not much longer. Waiting in stateville could be months. It all depends where your l/o is being placed and bed space. I just think Stateville since that's been my experience there are other RNC locations.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline emb10285

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »
My fiancé was sentenced on a Monday, transferred to Stateville on a Thursday, spent two weeks there and then was transferred to his parent location on a Thursday as well.