• April 22, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Illinois Tasc Probation Questions...  (Read 12130 times)

Offline chicubs2003

Illinois Tasc Probation Questions...
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
help is preciated.

im facing 5 - class 2 felonys first time offender, non violent, non drug related.
so I fit the criteria for tasc probation given ive had a drug problem for a few years.

the SA wont budge and is firm on there 5-6 which im not taking cuz I got a good job n s***..

so ill probably end up pleading guilty and electing tasc which hopefully the judge agrees.

my question is what does a tasc evaluation consist of and what determines if you get in the program?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Illinois Tasc Probation Questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:33:07 AM »
You might want to try these links for more information and hopefully some of our members who are familiar with this, can answer some questions too:

www.tasc.org/

http://blog.legaldefenderspc.com/2011/09/tasc-and-drug-probation-primer.html

Do you qualify for TASC probation?

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 9:52am PDT

Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities (TASC) probation (20 ILCS 301/40-5) allows the court at the successful conclusion of the probation term, the court may vacate the judgment and dismiss the felony or misdemeanor case. You may be eligible for TASC probation if you are an individual who is charged with a crime and you suffer from alcoholism or other drug addiction.

TASC probation is not available for you if you fall in any of the below disqualifying categories:

The crime is a crime of violence per 20 ILCS 301/1-10: murder, voluntary manslaughter, criminal sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual assault, predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, armed robbery, robbery, arson, kidnapping, aggravated battery, aggravated arson, or any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against another.

The crime is a violation of the Controlled Substances Act: Section 401(1), (b) or (c) if a prior conviction of a prior non-probationable felony or this violation is non-probationable, or Section 401(d) if this violation is non-probationable, or Section 401.1, 401.2(a), 405 or 407; or of the Cannabis Control Act: Section 4(d), (e), (f), or (g), Section 5(d), (e), (f), or (g), or Section 5.1, 7, or Section 9; or of the Meth Control and Community Protection Act: Section 15, 20, 55, 60 or 65.

The person has a record of 2 or more convictions of a crime of violence.
    There is another felony pending against the person.
    The person is on probation or parole and the appropriate parole or probation authority does not consent.
    The person elected and was admitted to a designated program on 2 prior occasions within any consecutive 2-year period.
    The person has been convicted of residential burglary and there is a record of one or more felony convictions.
    The crime is a DUI or a similar provision of a local ordinance, or
    The crime is reckless homicide or reckless homicide of an unborn child, in which the cause of death consists of DUI of alcohol, drugs, or a combination thereof.

If there is reason to believe that you are an individual who suffers from alcoholism or other drug addition, you may be eligible to make election for treatment under the supervision of a licensed treatment program designated by the Illinois Department of Human Services. If you (a) elect to submit to treatment, (b) if you are accepted for treatment, and (c) if the court places you on TASC probation, you are subject to terms and conditions of "traditional" probation. In addition, you must successfully comply with treatment required at the discretion of the treatment program. If the court places you on probation, you will be placed under the supervision of a probation officer for a period not to exceed the maximum prison sentence that could be imposed for your conviction or 5 years, whichever is less. If you adhere to the requirements of the TASC program and fulfill all the conditions of probation ordered by the court, you will be discharged, the court vacates the judgment and your case is dismissed.

Caution! Any failure to adhere to the requirements of the TASC program is a violation of probation. Failure to complete probation as ordered results in a petition to revoke probation, and you can be resentenced to anything you could have originally received for your original offense…that includes prison in some cases!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline chicubs2003

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 05:07:50 AM »
thank you for this.

does anyone have an info about the actual evaluation process?

Offline rhays

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
does anyone know what a tasc hold is,my son is in st clair county jail, they told him his release date is nov.28th but now they are talking about a tasc hold.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »
does anyone know what a tasc hold is,my son is in st clair county jail, they told him his release date is nov.28th but now they are talking about a tasc hold.

Welcome to IPT.  Sounds like he could be under TASC probation once he is out, here is some information and a link you can go to to read more:

Adult Court & Probation Services

TASC works with men and women whose alcohol and drug problems have contributed to their involvement in nonviolent criminal behavior. Judges, attorneys, and probation officers refer potential clients to TASC. As a liaison between the courts and community-based treatment, TASC services slow the cycle of addiction, crime, and incarceration and reduce the pressure that large numbers of offenders place on public systems.

http://www.tasc.org/preview/adultcourtandprobation.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tom'smom26

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »
rhays, God Bless you! your son is in a tough place! TASC hold is not something I am familiar with. My son was under TASC a few years ago and they did a drug evaluation on him and watched over his probation under their rules. I would say to call them in the morning and ask, I have always found them helpful and easy to talk to. I will pray that your son is out of the county soon!