• April 22, 2018, 12:47:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Confused About his Mittimus  (Read 3878 times)

Offline babyonway1225

Confused About his Mittimus
« on: January 07, 2013, 07:05:14 AM »
Hey guys. In my man's mittimus his custody date says 9-15-12. He didnt go into custody till 10-17-12 at his court date... Does the custody date have an effect on his time being served??

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
Re: confused about his mittimus...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
What was the date he was originally charged?  If that date was in september his mitimus is refelcting his original charge date and any days he sat in county.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
I have a quick question, but reverse of the one above. Lo i in IDOC custody says as of the date IDOC took custody not the date of cook county time. Time was counted in county towards this. Is there a reason it doesnt refect?  Before I answer questiosn to my family I wanna make sure I have info. Can it be since he is just arrived it has not update? 
Sorry if my question is confusing.

Example below:

Admission Date:  08/09/2013
Projected Parole Date:  TO BE DETERMINED
Last Paroled Date: 
Projected Discharge Date:  TO BE DETERMINED

SENTENCING INFORMATION
MITTIMUS: XXXXXXX 
CLASS: 4
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: XXXXXXX
CUSTODY DATE: 08/08/2013
SENTENCE: 2 Years 0 Months 0 Days 
COUNTY: COOK 
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: NO
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
I have a quick question, but reverse of the one above. Lo i in IDOC custody says as of the date IDOC took custody not the date of cook county time. Time was counted in county towards this. Is there a reason it doesnt refect?  Before I answer questiosn to my family I wanna make sure I have info. Can it be since he is just arrived it has not update? 

Example below:

Last Paroled Date: 

SENTENCING INFORMATION

It says TO BE DETERMINED, so apparently they have not finished calculating his time, wait till they update, before you know what they give him.

IDOC date would have nothing to do when he got to county.  If this was a parole violation, not sure if he will be granted time in county. He may only be given time, after his final court date, date of conviction on new charge. Again, wait until they have finished. 

Does his mittimus state, county time credited for his whole stay, even on violation?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »

Example below:

Last Paroled Date: 

SENTENCING INFORMATION

It says TO BE DETERMINED, so apparently they have not finished calculating his time, wait till they update, before you know what they give him. I figured it was a "waiting game" fore this part. I thought it was too soon. Just have family that hasnt had to deal with this and I tell them but like many of us the first time around, " we need to know for sure"

IDOC date would have nothing to do when he got to county.  If this was a parole violation, not sure if he will be granted time in county. He may only be given time, after his final court date, date of conviction on new charge. Again, wait until they have finished.  Not a parole violation. I was thinking of county counting towards his IDOC time. Wiht my hubby in the past the admin date was always the same as the date in which he was taking into county custody. but i dont know if that showed after all the updates and caculations were done

Does his mittimus state, county time credited for his whole stay, even on violation? I dont know 100% what they say but after court the fam said they said something about 134 days credited. Sorry I dont have the info. I know is always hard to guess... Thanks MAH as always you ROCK!!!
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:04:47 PM »
If you look on his profile, it should state what date he got to county, under sentencing information/CUSTODY DATE and what date he got to IDOC, it's under admission date.  Should be two separate dates.

Now, whether they are going to credit him for time spent in county is up to what the MITTIMUS says.

If he committed a crime while on parole, I don't think he would get the time, otherwise he might.  You will have to wait until his profile is updated to be sure.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kriseypooh

Re: Confused About his Mittimus
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:15:22 AM »
 Just would like to know if anybody knows about their LO getting their county time towards the end of their sentence. My LO is from CENTRALIA CORRECTIONAL Center he has been locked up since 06/05/11 he was giving 6 years 6 months to do also was credited 6 months county time. His out date says 10/05/2014 as of right now, if this is true this would put him at an new out date of 05/05/14 hoping i did the math right and hoping some of you guys have heard something.    :wc7:  :wc7:  :wc7:  :wc89:  :wc89:  :wc89:  

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
Re: Confused About his Mittimus
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »
Just would like to know if anybody knows about their LO getting their county time towards the end of their sentence. My LO is from CENTRALIA CORRECTIONAL Center he has been locked up since 06/05/11 he was giving 6 years 6 months to do also was credited 6 months county time. His out date says 10/05/2014 as of right now, if this is true this would put him at an new out date of 05/05/14 hoping i did the math right and hoping some of you guys have heard something.    :wc7:  :wc7:  :wc7:  :wc89:  :wc89:  :wc89: 

I think you did the math correctly, and it doesn't seem right. Just to be certain, his time officially starts when he gets to IDOC, not the date he was put in county or sentenced. If that is the date you used, then it doesn't look like his county time was credited. He'll need to speak with his counselor about this. You might have to contact the county clerk's office in the county he was convicted to get a copy of the MITTMUS and send it to him.