• April 24, 2018, 07:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dumb Question: Staples…Paper Clips?  (Read 44398 times)

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
Re: Dumb question: staples...paper clips?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »
I have not herd of the Instuitions doing this?

Where did you get your information?

Offline Sed1971

Re: Dumb Question: Staples…Paper Clips?
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »
Just short of hearing from my BF, is there anyway to know if he is getting the books and letters I'm sending him?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Just short of hearing from my BF, is there anyway to know if he is getting the books and letters I'm sending him?

No, sometimes they don't receive everything in R&C, if not it is all forwarded to them when they are moved to their parent prisons.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »
How are they denied mail when it is supposed to be a right and not a privilege?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »
How are they denied mail when it is supposed to be a right and not a privilege?

Call them and ask ... the mail is just slow, they eventually get it.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline crazzy

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
Not sure if I put this in the right place, just wondering if the inmates can have journal's? And is so,what kind can they or can't they have?thanks for any help
:)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
Not sure if I put this in the right place, just wondering if the inmates can have journal's? And is so,what kind can they or can't they have?thanks for any help

No, you cannot send in any kind of blanked paged journals.

Offline motenbm

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
I sent my son a journal when he was at ill river.  It was a guided journal with a bible berse and thought for the day on each page.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
I sent my son a journal when he was at ill river.  It was a guided journal with a bible berse and thought for the day on each page.

Yes, it was not blank, there is a difference, blank journals are not accepted, I had one sent back to me.