• April 22, 2018, 12:55:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: How Day x Day Works  (Read 5789 times)

Offline DezynMichael

• ALWAYS N FOREVER 12~26~08
How Day x Day Works
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:23:53 AM »
i was just wondering how day to day works because if my LO has 18 months minus the 9 months hes been in there that would mean 9 months but what is day to day hes a first time offender so wouldn't he be released sooner then that ??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: How Day x Day Works
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:09 AM »
i was just wondering how day to day works because if my LO has 18 months minus the 9 months hes been in there that would mean 9 months but what is day to day hes a first time offender so wouldn't he be released sooner then that ??

From another post you said your inmate got 3 years, 1/2 of that is 18 months and if he has been in IDOC 9 months, he would have 9 months to go, minus anytime he gets for classes, if he takes them.

The cut in his time from 3 years to 18 months is the day x day, they cut his time by 50%.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tess38

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
 does everyone get day for day or does it depend on there charges?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
does everyone get day for day or does it depend on there charges?

It depends on the conviction, some people are sentenced at 50%, some at 85% time and others at 100%, so no everyone does not get day for day, only those that get a 50% sentence.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tess38

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
my husband has 3 felony drug charges  and has to serve 50% he has been in graham since 2009 that is this parent place so how much day for day time would he get  he has not been in eny trouble and has completed his program and is now teaching the program to other inmates .so if u know how to fig er what he should get that would be great and does that get applied when they are closer to there out date? thanks for eny help you can give

Offline bmonska

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
my husband has 3 felony drug charges  and has to serve 50% he has been in graham since 2009 that is this parent place so how much day for day time would he get  he has not been in eny trouble and has completed his program and is now teaching the program to other inmates .so if u know how to fig er what he should get that would be great and does that get applied when they are closer to there out date? thanks for eny help you can give
Cut the number of years he originally was sentenced to in half and then subtract however many days he got for completing the program. Also, if you check the IDOC website and search for him, it will tell you what his projected parole date is. Then you would just subract the number of days he was given good time for completing the program.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:10:54 PM »

tess, I looked up your other posts and saw that your husband got 9 years total for his sentence.  So take 9 years - 50% = 4 1/2 years, the 50% deduction in his sentence, is his day x day time. He get's no other time taken off, accept the credit they give him for taking classes, this is NOT good time credit, it's school credit and he can only earn a total of 90 days maximum for school credit.

Right now there is no other GOODTIME that is given for good behavior, so he will have to serve 4 1/2 years minus his credit for school/programs.  I hope this helps you understand.

Offline bmonska

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
Thanks for catching that. I was thinking "school" but typed "good" by accident. That's what I get for thinking, typing and watching tv at the same time.

Offline tess38

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 05:20:47 PM »
k thanks for all yr help everyone has been so nice on here. thanks again