• April 24, 2018, 07:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Sentencing Orders and the Illinois Supreme Court  (Read 5222 times)

Offline RT

Sentencing Orders and the Illinois Supreme Court
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
Hello everyone. In recent posts we have discussed down time or dead time. The time between sentencing and transfer to IDOC. Yesterday, the Illinois Supreme Court has ruled that the day the person is sentenced, is the day that their time in DOC starts. Pasted below is the link to this ruling just made public yesterday. So if your guy sits two weeks, he gets credit for it. Feel free to read it.

Rick

"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline kp18437

Re: Sentencing Orders and the Illinois Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:13:31 PM »
Hey Rick... That's great news!  I do have a dumb question... does this affect our guys?  Is it retro?  Or just going forward?  Before I start the cartwheels, I want to make sure.

Offline RT

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
If you can give me till Wednesday, I will call the attorney who argued this for the defendant and ask.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline kp18437

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:23:04 PM »
Thanks so much!

Offline Mrs. G

• One Day
  • Even if u fall on ur face, u're still moving 4ward
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »
If you can give me till Wednesday, I will call the attorney who argued this for the defendant and ask.

Rick
Hi Rick, I was wondering, What did th attorney state regarding this? Was it go to retro?

Offline bmonska

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 01:01:27 AM »

Rick
Hi Rick, I was wondering, What did th attorney state regarding this? Was it go to retro?
Rick announced he is on the road for work currently so he may not be able to answer this right away. Might want to wait until he gets back and ask him or send him a private message so he can answer you at a later date. Just didn't want you to think he was ignoring you!

Offline Mrs. G

• One Day
  • Even if u fall on ur face, u're still moving 4ward
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »
Thank you and yes I was aware of Rick being on the road.. I wasn't looking for an immediate answer since I knew his situation. Thank you though, I will patiently wait. 

Offline RT

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
Nothing in the Supreme Court's decision mandated that this rule be applied retroactively. We have to go on the good graces of IDOC for now. But going forward, it will apply too all inmates.

Rick
-- Angela Davis