• April 22, 2018, 01:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer Coordinator Questions  (Read 28618 times)

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
Re: Transfer Coordinator Questions
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
Can an inmate be transfer out to another prison if they are in the middle of getting health care treatment? My husband is going throw the Hep. C treatment and they transfer him to another prison before he was done doing the treatment.

For the most part, IDOC can transfer any inmate at any time. We have seen lots of inmates moved while in the middle of classes. Your husband needs to stay on top of his treatments. If you have POA and HIPPA forms, you can call and speak to the Healthcare Director at Western. You might want to place a friendly and polite call, even if you don't have those forms.

Offline robin in ohio

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
Thanks Mark_guy for the info...I did give them a call and told me that his health care records did go with him and he is getting his treatments...I'm just worried is all and in hope that I will get a call soon from him to ease my mind that he's okay.

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Sounds like your LO has been transferred and settled at Western.  I believe they do a good job (as good as IDOC health care can be) with Hep C at Western.  I can't remember details, but sort of recall that they "specialize" in Hep C treatment at Western. 

Offline Jennyc72

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2014, 11:16:23 AM »
Hi my name is Gloria my question is how can my husband get a transfer if he puts the paper work in and the counselor does not put it in the system that it was requested.  It has been over a month since he put in.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
Hi my name is Gloria my question is how can my husband get a transfer if he puts the paper work in and the counselor does not put it in the system that it was requested.  It has been over a month since he put in.

He has to continue to ask the counselor why she/he has not put it in and just because he puts it in, he may not get it.

IDOC is very overcrowded right now and not may transfers are happening, they tell you, you are placed accordingly.

It was always known that transfers only occurred from Max to Medium and from Medium to Minimum, only lateral moves down, don't know what they are doing now.

Just so you know, when an inmate puts in for a transfer to a prison, he could be transferred to any prison, not necessarily the one that he puts in for.  It opens them up to being transferred to any prison in IDOC that they want to send them too.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”