• April 22, 2018, 04:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer Coordinator Questions  (Read 28623 times)

Offline RT

Re: Transfer Coordinator
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 02:04:51 AM »
Mama,
Once your inmate has received his new calculation sheet the new out date should be posted soon thereafter. They do not differentiate between the two types of good time. The records office people are the ones responsible for entering the correct out date on the computers. Might be worth a call to find out why they are not doing their job.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
rtippie,

Do you or anyoneelse know:WHEN does the inmate recieve their "NEW CALCULATION sheet?" my LO was sentenced in early March this year & was sent 2 western 2weeks later, his outdate is still the same....who/what determines the EXACT outdate....I've know of many ex-inmates who were released 'months & even years earlier! then said outdate....And thats n'cluding day4day,County(Cook)time and (i suppose) good time also...this is confusing :wc13:

IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »
Cash,
Assuming he is eligible for the 6 months, he will get 90 days of it when he is in the system for thirty days and the rest when he is 18 months short. If he is 18 or under to go, he will get all 6 months at once. It could take a few weeks for the calc. sheet to get to him because they get busy and have alot of cal sheetes every week. He should have hot a calc sheet in Graham that showed no good time but a longer out date. They always do that and the dates are always wrong.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
rtippie,
I ask my LO (well after a few weeks of him being their) did he recieve his sheet of paper(i @ tha time not know'n its called a'calc.sheet') stateing his ACTUAL OUTDATE.. he said yes & stated to me the same as it was posted on IDOC'S site...this isn't his first time in..though none r class x's..he was sentenced 12yrs.he did 15months @county prior to sentencing..his outdate says the year 2012 w/ the exact 'day'(date) he was arrested on . he's currently on 3-A-L status...what r the odds of him being released earlier?work release?halfway house?drugtreatment center program(sheridan)?...sorry so many questions..thanx for any & all answers
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »
rtippie,
I ask my LO (well after a few weeks of him being their) did he recieve his sheet of paper(i @ tha time not know'n its called a'calc.sheet') stateing his ACTUAL OUTDATE.. he said yes & stated to me the same as it was posted on IDOC'S site...this isn't his first time in..though none r class x's..he was sentenced 12yrs.he did 15months @county prior to sentencing..his outdate says the year 2012 w/ the exact 'day'(date) he was arrested on . he's currently on 3-A-L status...what r the odds of him being released earlier?work release?halfway house?drugtreatment center program(sheridan)?...sorry so many questions..thanx for any & all answers

3 A L is the best level to be in. When he gets to 5 years to do he can put in for one of the minimums and possibly work release from there. He could also go to work camps. Unless he really needs treatment, Sheridan is not the way to go. If treatment is his choice, wait until he has less time to put in for Southwestern. Sheridan is a med joint and Southwestern is a minimum. Halfway houses are for the guys that need rehab or a pace to stay when they get out. A little advice on work release, there are alot of people that put in for it, so if he is denied, appeal the decision and do not get heartbroken. I just knew I was going to work release from East Moline, they had sent my son in law to work release from Hill and we were co defendants. I got denied. LOL. I think it is a lottery type deal. Other than that, good luck to you and your man. I hope it all works out for the best for you.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Still love my son

• ONE DAY AT A TIME.........
  • David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 10:06:43 PM »
In my experience the DOC site, never shows the good time for a bit initially This always puts people in a panic.  I think it was 5 or 6 weeks before my sons was adjusted.
 I know someone that didn't have their out date correct from good time EARNED until a week before he left and he had been notified MANY months before that of the change.

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »
rtippie,
Here's the thing, Were keep'n the faith  :wc2:that he'll b released sooner than his idoc posted outdate(2012)...As We feel he was unjustly convicted of this crime...basically its a matter of him having a'Known background;previous convictions..etc.. And the 'local hood' Chicago  cops" bogusly set out 2 get him.<ALL THIS & THEN SOME being a WHOLE NOTHER STORY ENTIRELY!!!...he's thinkin of filing a lawsuit..

we're thinkn..he got arrested 12-06..sentenced 12yrs. in 03-08...1/2 of 12= 6yrs..minus 15months he served in CROOK COUNTY jail :wc4:..that leaves4yrs.9months...Now,w/ good behavior& no tickets,requesting a transfer once he's eligible(1yr?),obtaining a job inside the facility & remaing in 3-A-L status...Is it possible that he could b released sooner than his posted outdate?2011, 2010 even?.....2012 just seems like 4ever .....thanx again
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
 :wc14:....Can someone, P l e a s e, who has any/some answers to my previous questions..p l e a s e  r e s p o n d. I'd appreciate it, t h a n k y o u  in advance.
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »
rtippie,
Here's the thing, Were keep'n the faith  :wc2:that he'll b released sooner than his idoc's 'outdate'(2012)...As We feel he was unjustly convicted of this crime...basically its a matter of him having a'Known background;previous convictions..etc.. And the 'local hood' CROOK COUNTY cops" bogusly set out 2 get him.<<ALL THIS & THEN SOME being a WHOLE NOTHER STORY ENTIRELY!!!...he's thinkin of filing a lawsuit..

we're thinkn..he got arrested Dec06..sentenced 12yrs. in Mar08...Cut the 12 in half= 6yrs..take off 15months he served in CROOK COUNTY jail :wc4:..that leaves4yrs.9months...Now;with good behavior,putting in 4 a transfer once he's eligible(1year?),no tickets,working inside the facility & hopefully stayin in 3-A-L status & of course with GOD showing up (hopefullysoonerthan2012)and showing out!!...Is't it possible that he could b released sooner than his posted outdate?.maybe2011, 2010 even??..2012just seems like 4ever :wc17:I KNOW ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE THROUGH GOD..AS I KNOW HE HAS THE LAST WORD.. :wc2:... sorry 2 b rambling on & on..guess im look'n 4 more hope than i already have...thanx again

As far as release before his outdate, no it is not possible. He might be eligible for work release but he will still stay at a center. There is no early release for any reason in Illinois. Even if you are sick they do not let you out early. Only in EXTREMELY rare situations have I HEARD of it. Never actually seen it. Gov. Blago himself could have a heart attack infront of your guy, and your guy gives him CPR, the PRB are cold hearted people. Sorry but that is how they do business in Illinois.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
 R i c k,
    Although your answer wasn't what i wanted to hear,  :wc38:
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »
Cashyc,
I wish I made the rules but until they let people with the same ideas I have run the place we are stuck with what we got. I apologize. Now is the time we should be pushing for legislation for early release of non violent offenders. As the prisons fill up.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline msmac417

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 10:12:57 AM »
 :wc6:
To Cashyc:
In response to your comment about we should be trying to get some kind of legislation passed for early release I agree. I did start a petition for the Gov. to review some of inmates that should be released. This comes on the heels of the "Big Mistake" that Gov. Quinn said was made when some inmates were released at the end of 2009.  Some of those that were released did have charges like battery, domestic issues, dui's and more. Some have gone back to prison. But the thing of it is, I don't think that the system reviewed some of the inmates that really deserved to be set free. There is something that is not being done. I did set up a petition online for anyone who wants to sign it. If we all get together and let them know that we want some answers, maybe we will get some answers. You will have to Google IDOC and you will see the petition called Help IDOC inmates.   

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
Re: Transfer Coordinator Questions
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:14 PM »
..mamac417..

Thank You. I just signed the petition today! I wish
more people would sign, their wasn't many signatures.
This is an very important, atleast to me.
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline janetzavala76

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »
Hi, my name is janet i was wondering how long does it take for an inmate to get transfered??? My husband is now in graham correctional center receiving and i havenot heard from him in about 3 weeks.  :wc74:

ALL CAPS edited out by Admin

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »
Since IDOC is over crowded it is hard to say how long an inmate will be in R&C.  IDOC states it can take up to 90 days.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline LMD

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »
Does anyone know how to actually Transfer Coordinator Sandra Funk?  I have tried her personal extension posted in earlier threads (x2614), but it just rings a few times and then disconnects me without an answer.  And when I call the main office extension (x2603) they try to field my questions without connecting me to her, saying that they can help me instead.  Any information on an updated extension would really help.  
One last question...has anybody ever had any luck emailing her, or would it just get answered by someone else in the office?  
If anybody has had good luck talking to someone else in that office please let me know.  I just want to get in touch with someone who can answer some of my questions.

In my initial question, I meant "Does anyone know how to actually contact Transfer Coordinator Sandra Funk."  I figured that I would clarify since I left out the word "contact."

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
If you have tried calling and cannot get through on her extension and the main Springfield # is telling you they can handle it, my guess is, because of what is going on right now with IDOC and all these transfers, they are not letting any calls go through to her extension, but fielding questions to her through their operators.

The only information we have for her is from the state directory, not sure about her email address or what it is:

FUNK, SANDRA
Transfer Coor Off
1301 CONCORDIA CT ,BOX 19277 SPRINGFIELD IL 62794 − 9277
217−558−2200 EXT 2603
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline LMD

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
Thanks Mah.  I definitely think that you are right about the craziness that is going on in the transfer department right now.  Do you know of anyone else that handles/approves of transfers who might be good to talk to in that office besides her? 
Again, thanks for your quick response.  Your willingness to help is such a source of light for so many trying to navigate through these tough times.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »
Thanks Mah.  I definitely think that you are right about the craziness that is going on in the transfer department right now.  Do you know of anyone else that handles/approves of transfers who might be good to talk to in that office besides her? 
Again, thanks for your quick response.  Your willingness to help is such a source of light for so many trying to navigate through these tough times.

You are welcome!

I think I would call that main # back, give them the message, whatever it is you want to ask her and go from there.  There is no one else that we know of here on IPT, that handles transfers.

They will probably put through all the questions to her and she either replies OR gives them her response to reply back, good luck, I hope you get some answers in a reasonable amount of time!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline robin in ohio

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Can an inmate be transfer out to another prison if they are in the middle of getting health care treatment? My husband is going throw the Hep. C treatment and they transfer him to another prison before he was done doing the treatment.