• April 22, 2018, 04:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer Coordinator Questions  (Read 28622 times)

Offline KC

Transfer Coordinator Questions
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
Hi my name is kayla do you have time to talk? About a few question i have. I also sent you a e-mail was just wondering if you answere back to them?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Transfer Coordinator
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:36:36 PM »
kayla, what is it you want to know?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline KC

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
I wanted to see how long it takes before you can put in for work release ? My baby been in since August for drug charges and he's never been in trouble before.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
He has to do this with his counselor and he has to be 24 months short in order to do it. He needs to go to his counselor, you cannot do anything for him on the outside.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline KC

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »
I do know that he's at his 24 weeks now ! He put a slip in but she's never there but does he have a good chance??

Offline WAID

• What Am I Doing?
  • That's me, I'm a TOIL GIRL!!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
He can actually begin the the transfer request with his counselor at 26 months, but won't take effect til after 24 months. Unclear if they will take into consideration that last good time credit not given yet. This rule applies for Sheridan drug program, work release or ATC. The counselor will process the application depending on his security level, he can't guarantee you'll be accepted in any of those programs though.
Diamonds ARE a girls best friend.

Offline KC

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
He is already in work camp has been in work camp since the 2 months he's been there he's also got everything to clear him to go he works in the barber shop and he hasnt been in no trouble

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:15:31 PM »
If his paperwork is in, it's probably a matter of time, they sometimes move them to the work camps before sending the the ATC centers..

Offline sept2681

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 10:47:59 PM »
Dealing with Government employees is driving me crazy.  I have sent letters to the Dep Director of Women & Child Services, the Warden and the transfer coordinator.  My letters contained copies of letters from my LO's most recent employer, the employer that will give her a job if she gets work release and a letter from a third employer who will give her a job when she is paroled.  I received acknowledgements from the Dep Dir and the Transfer Coord.  The rub is my LO has not applied yet.  That is next week.  So, I call down there to ask a question that I think I know the answer to.  I ask whether the letters they received will be retained in her file when the application comes in.  I am told that "We are really behind in our filing and there is a chance that the letters might not sync up with her applicaltion.  I suggest you have her counselor include them in the transfer application." 
I am stunned.  But wait, I called the counselor.  I had copied her on all of these letters.  She is supportive of the transfer.  When I told her about my call to S-field and what they recommended, she said she wasn't sure she was allowed to include the employer letter in the transfer packet.  Sheesh.  I just want someone who has decision making power to see the women behind the offense.

My plan is to send a whole new packet of the letters to coincide with the arrival of the transfer paperwork.

Thanks for being here to let me vent.
Adversity arrives on its own schedule in a vehicle of its own design.

Offline KC

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »
Morning ! We have put in for work release on Jan 24th !!!!! How long do you think it will take him to get in? He put in for Crossroads is there any beds open there? Or should i call springfield?

Offline PsFriend

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
Can someone actually get a transfer from a level 2 to a level 6? Or does it have to be to a level 3? He was originally approved for a "medium".
What can I do when he reaches his year to help him get out of there FAST? If I contact people will it speed up the process? Who should I contact? What should I say? I'm new to this so sorry about all the questions.
I was told before they don't do hardship transfers anymore when I called someone in IDOC in Springfield like 8 months ago. So does reasons why you want to be transfered not help. Do they give priority for people who are requesting the transfer for better school options? For "treatment" reasons? To be closer to family, etc?

thanks

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
My son was transferred from a level 2 to a level 4 facility, but it was only after he had done a minimum of time (I believe it was one year).  He had never received a ticket and his court papers indicated he needed to be in a facility where they had drug treatment....I am sure that all the above variables were considered in being transferred to a level 4.  Some facilities (Sheridan) do not take a person unless they have less than 2 years to go.

He should speak to a counselor about where he wants to be transferred, but it is highly doubtful that he will go from a level 2 to a level 6.   You mentioned that he was originally approved for a medium level, did he get into trouble that landed him up in level 2?  All these factors are taken into consideration when getting approved to a lower level facility.

As relates to being closer to family, I really don't know.  Sometimes it feels as if they purposely place them FAR from family.  As for better school opportunities, my son did take some college courses at a level 2, so that factor may not be a very good one to base his request.

Good luck

mamacita

Offline RT

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »
When I was at East Moline, we were getting guys from Mt. Sterling. I know that EMCC is a Level 6 and I am sure that Mt. Sterling is not a Level 5.
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline Delvallle

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »
Hi Mamacita1,
I'm confused. My son was sent to Sheridan and his sentence was 6 years. Did they expect him to serve only 2 years or less?
Delvallle
Delvallle
I still love my son.

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
RT:  You are right.  As a matter of fact, my son's counselor told my son that he might want to consider being transferred to East Moline, and he's at a level 4 right now.  I think it has lots to do with behavior and time left.  But I highly doubt that a transfer from a level 2 to 6 would be seriously considered.

Delvalle:  You have me stumped!  I am wondering: did your son get sent there right away?  As far as I know, only those who have less than 2 years in their time are allowed to transfer to Sheridan.

mamacita

Offline RT

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »
A 6 year sentence is only 2 1/2 years. If it is his first or second time and non-class x, he is eligible for EGCC good time.

As far as Level 2 to 6, there are inmates classified 3-A-L which is 3=lowest security class, A= A grade and L=low escape risk. The only other thing that will disqualify for EMCC is being a sex offender. But there are 3AL inmates in Level 1 and 2 facilities because of bedspace. So it is not entirely impossible to go from Centrailia to EMCC.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »
Rick,

How is one classified? 

mamacita

Offline PsFriend

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »
No, he didn't get in trouble but they considered him an escape risk (he had an escape charged that was dropped in the plea agreement but it didn't actually get out of the court or whatever until after he got out of R and C so they gave him a weird ID and sent him to a level 2) and level 2 is still a medium. He has less than 2 1/2 left, hes done 1 year plus he'll get 3 months good time. And he has a normal ID card now, no escape risk. His original sentence was 7 years so based on IDOC website he's eligible for a minimum security prison and he's only doing 50% of his time, he gets the day for day credit.

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »
No matter which facility he will be transferred to, he will land up liking it a whole lot better than where he's at now.   Have you both considered other facilities that are closer to home that may not be a level 6....say, more like a level 4, which is still medium but much nicer?  Because of my experience, I know this is definately more likely....but who knows, there might be someone out here who has jumped from a level 2 to a level 6.

mamacita

Offline PsFriend

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »
well, we were told he had to choose 3 places. choice 1 is big muddy a level 3  choice 2 is vienna a level 6 choice 3 is shawnee i think it is also a level 3 (in the town of vienna) and I hear after 3 months at shawnee he could get to vienna... read it in another post
Is it true that they could pick a different choice not in his list IF he requests a transfer?

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
In our situation he needed to be transferred to a facility that offered a drug program.  He was given several choices, and he chose the one where he is at now and loves it (well, as much as you can love prison). As he becomes eligible for another transfer, his counselor told him that he would be eligible to go to East Moline, a level 6.  So for sure, I know they can jump two levels at a time.

Someone will come along and answer your question with more authority, I am sure.  But I am guessing is that his counselor offered him these choices because of bed availability.  If you all have a different preference, I would ask the counselor about it and see what they say.  It may be something as simple as saying yes, but you have to wait for an opening.

mamacita

Offline PsFriend

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »
the counselor didn't offer him anything. he has to wait until August some time before he was told he could REQUEST a transfer. And then I heard he got to pick 3 places.  I don't know. Just trying to figure out fact from rumors.

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »
Has he talked to his counselor about the process?  They are generally good about giving facts as pertains to his situation.

mamacita

Offline PsFriend

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »
the counselor there won't talk to ANYONE. His cellie says the same thing as does all the family members in the waiting room when I go visit. I've even heard from inmates other than his cellie the same thing.

Offline RT

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 03:24:40 PM »
Rick,

How is one classified? 

mamacita

I guess I hit the wrong button when I replied toi this earlier.

Seriousness of offense and length of sentence are the primary factors in deciding where an inmate goes. Other things that are considered are: Court orders of treatment, legislative mandates (i.e. sex offender treatment) physical, medical and mental health need of the inmate. The inmate may request Protective Custody, which would almost definitely place him at Pontiac, there are other PC units but Pontiac is the primary one. The inmate could be in Witness Protection, in which case he would have to go to Illinos River. Usually those that are hiding from the gangs go there after they have testified in court. In this case an inmate will NOT show up on the DOC website but you can find them on VINE. Previous trips to DOC and if the inmate has an escape record. The fact that a person is charged with escape is enough to place them in a more secure setting. The ability of the inmate to adapt to his prison is taken into account as well. For example, a child molester should not be celled with an inmate convicted of murder and doing a life sentence. The probability of harm is too great. I hope this helps.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Delvallle

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »
Rtippie:  You are right.  As a matter of fact, my son's counselor told my son that he might want to consider being transferred to East Moline, and he's at a level 4 right now.  I think it has lots to do with behavior and time left.  But I highly doubt that a transfer from a level 2 to 6 would be seriously considered.

Delvalle:  You have me stumped!  I am wondering: did your son get sent there right away?  As far as I know, only those who have less than 2 years in their time are allowed to transfer to Sheridan.

mamacita
Mamacita, Yes he was sent there right from R&c. Delvallle
Delvallle
I still love my son.

Offline klo

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
Ok, we are getting frustrated by this process.  J was approved for Graham back in April.  He has not been moved.  As of July 7th, his request had expired...this we got from J's mom's contact in the IL Senate who is working on this for us.   She said he had to re-apply before she could do anything.  We called Lawrence, his counselor is never available and the person we both talked to told us they automatically renew the transfer request when it expires unless the inmate says they don't want to go anymore.  All that being said, if they automatically renew it then why would our contact in the IL Senate get info that his transfer was expired?  His mom is meeting with an attorney tomorrow about this b/c his lack of transfer amounts to a denial of access to SO treatment which is a legislative mandate for release.  My opinion is that the prosector has a hand in all of this in an attempt to keep him in for the full 5 years.  He should be eligible for release in Jan 09 and he has not been awarded one day of good time yet.  A certain very high profile individual with the exact same charge and exact same sentence who was sent to a much lower level facility has already been awarded 3 months GT...oh, and that individual went in 6 months after J.  The whole thing has me getting more and more ******** off everyday.

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 11:42:18 PM »
Klo...

You are justified in your feelings of frustration.  I think somewhere before I might have mentioned that although approved, it may exprire and he would have to re-apply.  Here is my suggestion...your loved one should re-apply....it is not automatic (so far as I know). 

While I understand how you might think that the prosecutor still has his lil grubby hands in this case....I have found that IDOC operates without "outsiders" perspectives, except of course in extenuating circumstances....

Is your loved one SURE that he has not been awarded one day of good time?  My son has been in for a spell, but he was told that he had to apply for it....and for the moment, does not have it reflected on his sentence either (he has not formally applied for it).  I am wondering if those convicted of certain offenses must formally request this?

mamacita

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
I know of no one who has had to apply for good time.  It's always been automatic....day for a day is reflected right from the beginning of an incarceration and MGT is deducted in two installments....after a few months of incarceration.  There is definately something amiss with your husband's sentence Klo.  I'd keep after everyone.  It might be a case of an extremely inept, lazy counselor or there's something else going on....I'd get to the bottom of it before it's too late....have you tried inmate issues in Springfield?  Hopefully he isn't another victim of the push to fill up Rushville...with commitment hearings.  It's disgusting what they are doing to those with these convictions.  Keep after everyone..... :wc30:
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline klo

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 09:22:07 PM »
If they try to pull that his mother said she'd get the best representation money can buy.  He has no prior history and the 'victim' was 17 and said it was consentual so it would be hard to prove he is a threat to society...but they would!  His counselor is never there when we call.  Hopefully J calls tomorrow and I can get the update from the inside. 

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »
I hope so.  If counseling is a prerequisite to his release then they damned well better get business taken care of.  That's just BS that he's sat all this time without the so-called treatment necessary.  They know the consequences for him...they are just so mismanaged themselves.  These SO laws need to be revamped....what a battle that would be...but it's sooo not working the way it is now...
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
Have you tried to report this counselor to the head of clinical services?  Tell then how inept and inaccessible he is...and ask for a change of counselor if he won't do his duties....

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline klo

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
I missed his call on tuesday and hopefully will get a call tomorrow.  Once I have the story from the inside I am going to pursue further action. I have called 4 times now and his counselor is NEVER there.  I do believe that when his 50% is up they have to release him, with or without treatment b/c the law says that lack of available treatment is not grounds for anything, even good time cannot be held if he cannot get it b/c of lack of availability.  I wish I could say we are approaching the 6 month countdown but until I get some confirmation it looks a lot more like a one year countdown without any good time credit.

Offline PrettyBrwnEyes

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »
I know of no one who has had to apply for good time.  It's always been automatic....day for a day is reflected right from the beginning of an incarceration and MGT is deducted in two installments....after a few months of incarceration.

I am confused because my husband has to apply for his good time. When he was at Hill CC he was able to apply for his good time every three months. It ususally took 2-3 months to get a response and typically Hill would give back 15 days each time he put in. That was until last year when he started filing grievances concerning the amount of time awarded and sending that to Springfield, which overturned the 15 days and he was awarded 3 months each time instead. This happened at least 4 times. Wait, are you guys talking about automatic good time instead of any good time lost? I am always confused. Probably because I didn't read the whole thread.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
LOL...we're talking about automatic good time...which I'm unaware that it must be applied for....I never heard of such a thing.  Yes, you do have to apply to have good time restored that has been lost for disciplinary reasons.  That can be done every 90 days through the inmate's counselor.  I'm talking about just ordinary day for day and Meritous Good Time.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Amarie

• Kindness in words creates confidence
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »
Klo,

I agree with Dazz on this I would stay on everyone. I seem to remember that every "candidate" for Rushville was ordered to have the SO treatment and that quack Doctor got on the stand and said they didn't get any counseling even if they did but it would validate their point more if he hasn't had any counseloring. It could be something totally different but I just don't trust them with the way they handle SO's. 

Do they have to have 2 or more sexually violent crimes before they are considered for Rushville?
"Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do."

Offline klo

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
He has no priors other than this BS thing so I think they would have a hard case for Rushville, even given the way they pull stuff with that.  There was nothing violent about his case other than the name of the charge implying it.

I talked to him briefly yesterday.  He said he has only seen his actual counselor once when he first got there.  He said two different people he spoke to said he could not apply for good time yet.  Lawrence is typically a disciplinary place and he was sent there b/c of "bed space".  He got on the van being told he was going to Vienna then was told to get off at Lawrence.  18 month later he's still there.  If he gets the automatic 6 months he should be out in 6 months which means he should be working on getting housing set up for release.  Even with 12 months to go I would think he should be getting that approval process going.  He has not lost any good time, he has never been given any.  He has never been ticketed and has earned the reputation as the easy-going guy they can stick the pain in the a$$ with and he'll get them to settle down.  I told him he needs to formally request his good time be awarded.  I told him that whatever they tell him he needs to get it in writing and to quit being the nice guy who does not want to make waves, now is the time to start working through the appropriate channels, even going as far as the warden if necessary.  Does anyone know what happens if it gets to the 50% point of his sentence and he has done the time...do they just let him out?  What about the good time?  If it gets to January and he still has not been given any, what can he do?  Heck, if it gets to August and he still does not have any, what can he do? 

As for his transfer request, he was told the same...that they automatically renew it.  What happens when he is still sitting there in 6 months?  With good time he should be out in 6 months but I think the problem is he is at Lawrence, a place where people who get in trouble in IDOC go so he thinks they are not very forthcoming with the good time.  He should be getting it, there is no reason he is not.  I have written the deputy director, who happens to have his office at Lawrence and he never responded.  I'm sending another letter this weekend.  It irritates me that they are jerking me around like I am some fool who does not know the law and I think it irritates them when I call and cite the law by number but I rather enjoy that.  I'm a tax payer (like all of us) and it infuriates me the way this system is being run.  In my line of work, if I did not return calls or respond to letters of concern regarding one of my staff members, I would lose my job and yet these people continue to not do their jobs and we continue to pay their salaries.  IDOC is not an independent contractor, they are a state agency and the lack of accountability is beyond comprehension. 

I will get an update on the legislative end from his mom this weekend.  I'm working the IDOC end and she is working through a few of her friends with contacts in the state government.  She did call John Howard who basically said to keep sending letters so...not much help.

Offline humbird37

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 07:10:13 PM »
Great information......thanks so much, all of you!  Humbird
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline klo

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »
Here's the latest...I did receive a response to my letter...asking me to be patient and assuring me that his transfer would be re-approved...it was as of July 16th.  In the days before I received the response he was visited by his counselor 5 times...mostly just checking in and assuring him that the transfer would still go through.  He also met with a woman from mental health or whatever it is called for an evaluation.  She said he would be eligible for SO treatment...which they have at Graham (his approved transfer) but that it would be a 90 wait list to get in once he got there and with his short time left it would be unlikely that he would even get in with enough time to complete it.  In the same letter he told me about that meeting, he said after two days of mulling it all over, he wrote a letter to his counselor reqesting that he be tranfered to graham immediately for treatment.  He does not think anything will come of it, but to continue to hold him at Lawrence when he has requested treatment in writing is to summarily deny him access to treatment.  Now we just wait and see.  He's in on a 5 year at 50% and has been at Lawrence with 23 hour/day lockdown for 19 months now.  He has been told that the earliest he can be released is April 29th b/c SO's can only get 90 days good time.  So...that means 8 months to go.  Not what he wanted, but still better than the alternative.  Hopefully he'll get to spend some of that time at Graham so it will be a little more pleasant...as pleasant as IDOC can be. :-)

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:06 AM »
In response to meritous (spelling?) good time, I asked my son why his "good time" (classes taken) appears on his out projected parole date (it was reduced).....but his tenure of prison time reflecting his meritous good time (which should be three months) does not appear (even though he has been an exemplary prisoner).

He says this is done automatically, but  is not necessarily reflected on the computer.Do any of your know of something similar?

mamacita

Offline RT

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 02:04:51 AM »
Mama,
Once your inmate has received his new calculation sheet the new out date should be posted soon thereafter. They do not differentiate between the two types of good time. The records office people are the ones responsible for entering the correct out date on the computers. Might be worth a call to find out why they are not doing their job.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
rtippie,

Do you or anyoneelse know:WHEN does the inmate recieve their "NEW CALCULATION sheet?" my LO was sentenced in early March this year & was sent 2 western 2weeks later, his outdate is still the same....who/what determines the EXACT outdate....I've know of many ex-inmates who were released 'months & even years earlier! then said outdate....And thats n'cluding day4day,County(Cook)time and (i suppose) good time also...this is confusing :wc13:

IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »
Cash,
Assuming he is eligible for the 6 months, he will get 90 days of it when he is in the system for thirty days and the rest when he is 18 months short. If he is 18 or under to go, he will get all 6 months at once. It could take a few weeks for the calc. sheet to get to him because they get busy and have alot of cal sheetes every week. He should have hot a calc sheet in Graham that showed no good time but a longer out date. They always do that and the dates are always wrong.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
rtippie,
I ask my LO (well after a few weeks of him being their) did he recieve his sheet of paper(i @ tha time not know'n its called a'calc.sheet') stateing his ACTUAL OUTDATE.. he said yes & stated to me the same as it was posted on IDOC'S site...this isn't his first time in..though none r class x's..he was sentenced 12yrs.he did 15months @county prior to sentencing..his outdate says the year 2012 w/ the exact 'day'(date) he was arrested on . he's currently on 3-A-L status...what r the odds of him being released earlier?work release?halfway house?drugtreatment center program(sheridan)?...sorry so many questions..thanx for any & all answers
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »
rtippie,
I ask my LO (well after a few weeks of him being their) did he recieve his sheet of paper(i @ tha time not know'n its called a'calc.sheet') stateing his ACTUAL OUTDATE.. he said yes & stated to me the same as it was posted on IDOC'S site...this isn't his first time in..though none r class x's..he was sentenced 12yrs.he did 15months @county prior to sentencing..his outdate says the year 2012 w/ the exact 'day'(date) he was arrested on . he's currently on 3-A-L status...what r the odds of him being released earlier?work release?halfway house?drugtreatment center program(sheridan)?...sorry so many questions..thanx for any & all answers

3 A L is the best level to be in. When he gets to 5 years to do he can put in for one of the minimums and possibly work release from there. He could also go to work camps. Unless he really needs treatment, Sheridan is not the way to go. If treatment is his choice, wait until he has less time to put in for Southwestern. Sheridan is a med joint and Southwestern is a minimum. Halfway houses are for the guys that need rehab or a pace to stay when they get out. A little advice on work release, there are alot of people that put in for it, so if he is denied, appeal the decision and do not get heartbroken. I just knew I was going to work release from East Moline, they had sent my son in law to work release from Hill and we were co defendants. I got denied. LOL. I think it is a lottery type deal. Other than that, good luck to you and your man. I hope it all works out for the best for you.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Still love my son

• ONE DAY AT A TIME.........
  • David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 10:06:43 PM »
In my experience the DOC site, never shows the good time for a bit initially This always puts people in a panic.  I think it was 5 or 6 weeks before my sons was adjusted.
 I know someone that didn't have their out date correct from good time EARNED until a week before he left and he had been notified MANY months before that of the change.

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »
rtippie,
Here's the thing, Were keep'n the faith  :wc2:that he'll b released sooner than his idoc posted outdate(2012)...As We feel he was unjustly convicted of this crime...basically its a matter of him having a'Known background;previous convictions..etc.. And the 'local hood' Chicago  cops" bogusly set out 2 get him.<ALL THIS & THEN SOME being a WHOLE NOTHER STORY ENTIRELY!!!...he's thinkin of filing a lawsuit..

we're thinkn..he got arrested 12-06..sentenced 12yrs. in 03-08...1/2 of 12= 6yrs..minus 15months he served in CROOK COUNTY jail :wc4:..that leaves4yrs.9months...Now,w/ good behavior& no tickets,requesting a transfer once he's eligible(1yr?),obtaining a job inside the facility & remaing in 3-A-L status...Is it possible that he could b released sooner than his posted outdate?2011, 2010 even?.....2012 just seems like 4ever .....thanx again
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
 :wc14:....Can someone, P l e a s e, who has any/some answers to my previous questions..p l e a s e  r e s p o n d. I'd appreciate it, t h a n k y o u  in advance.
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »
rtippie,
Here's the thing, Were keep'n the faith  :wc2:that he'll b released sooner than his idoc's 'outdate'(2012)...As We feel he was unjustly convicted of this crime...basically its a matter of him having a'Known background;previous convictions..etc.. And the 'local hood' CROOK COUNTY cops" bogusly set out 2 get him.<<ALL THIS & THEN SOME being a WHOLE NOTHER STORY ENTIRELY!!!...he's thinkin of filing a lawsuit..

we're thinkn..he got arrested Dec06..sentenced 12yrs. in Mar08...Cut the 12 in half= 6yrs..take off 15months he served in CROOK COUNTY jail :wc4:..that leaves4yrs.9months...Now;with good behavior,putting in 4 a transfer once he's eligible(1year?),no tickets,working inside the facility & hopefully stayin in 3-A-L status & of course with GOD showing up (hopefullysoonerthan2012)and showing out!!...Is't it possible that he could b released sooner than his posted outdate?.maybe2011, 2010 even??..2012just seems like 4ever :wc17:I KNOW ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE THROUGH GOD..AS I KNOW HE HAS THE LAST WORD.. :wc2:... sorry 2 b rambling on & on..guess im look'n 4 more hope than i already have...thanx again

As far as release before his outdate, no it is not possible. He might be eligible for work release but he will still stay at a center. There is no early release for any reason in Illinois. Even if you are sick they do not let you out early. Only in EXTREMELY rare situations have I HEARD of it. Never actually seen it. Gov. Blago himself could have a heart attack infront of your guy, and your guy gives him CPR, the PRB are cold hearted people. Sorry but that is how they do business in Illinois.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
 R i c k,
    Although your answer wasn't what i wanted to hear,  :wc38:
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline RT

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »
Cashyc,
I wish I made the rules but until they let people with the same ideas I have run the place we are stuck with what we got. I apologize. Now is the time we should be pushing for legislation for early release of non violent offenders. As the prisons fill up.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline msmac417

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 10:12:57 AM »
 :wc6:
To Cashyc:
In response to your comment about we should be trying to get some kind of legislation passed for early release I agree. I did start a petition for the Gov. to review some of inmates that should be released. This comes on the heels of the "Big Mistake" that Gov. Quinn said was made when some inmates were released at the end of 2009.  Some of those that were released did have charges like battery, domestic issues, dui's and more. Some have gone back to prison. But the thing of it is, I don't think that the system reviewed some of the inmates that really deserved to be set free. There is something that is not being done. I did set up a petition online for anyone who wants to sign it. If we all get together and let them know that we want some answers, maybe we will get some answers. You will have to Google IDOC and you will see the petition called Help IDOC inmates.   

Offline Cashyc

• SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T
Re: Transfer Coordinator Questions
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:14 PM »
..mamac417..

Thank You. I just signed the petition today! I wish
more people would sign, their wasn't many signatures.
This is an very important, atleast to me.
IT IS ..WHAT IT IS

Offline janetzavala76

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »
Hi, my name is janet i was wondering how long does it take for an inmate to get transfered??? My husband is now in graham correctional center receiving and i havenot heard from him in about 3 weeks.  :wc74:

ALL CAPS edited out by Admin

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »
Since IDOC is over crowded it is hard to say how long an inmate will be in R&C.  IDOC states it can take up to 90 days.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline LMD

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »
Does anyone know how to actually Transfer Coordinator Sandra Funk?  I have tried her personal extension posted in earlier threads (x2614), but it just rings a few times and then disconnects me without an answer.  And when I call the main office extension (x2603) they try to field my questions without connecting me to her, saying that they can help me instead.  Any information on an updated extension would really help.  
One last question...has anybody ever had any luck emailing her, or would it just get answered by someone else in the office?  
If anybody has had good luck talking to someone else in that office please let me know.  I just want to get in touch with someone who can answer some of my questions.

In my initial question, I meant "Does anyone know how to actually contact Transfer Coordinator Sandra Funk."  I figured that I would clarify since I left out the word "contact."

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
If you have tried calling and cannot get through on her extension and the main Springfield # is telling you they can handle it, my guess is, because of what is going on right now with IDOC and all these transfers, they are not letting any calls go through to her extension, but fielding questions to her through their operators.

The only information we have for her is from the state directory, not sure about her email address or what it is:

FUNK, SANDRA
Transfer Coor Off
1301 CONCORDIA CT ,BOX 19277 SPRINGFIELD IL 62794 − 9277
217−558−2200 EXT 2603

Offline LMD

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
Thanks Mah.  I definitely think that you are right about the craziness that is going on in the transfer department right now.  Do you know of anyone else that handles/approves of transfers who might be good to talk to in that office besides her? 
Again, thanks for your quick response.  Your willingness to help is such a source of light for so many trying to navigate through these tough times.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »
Thanks Mah.  I definitely think that you are right about the craziness that is going on in the transfer department right now.  Do you know of anyone else that handles/approves of transfers who might be good to talk to in that office besides her? 
Again, thanks for your quick response.  Your willingness to help is such a source of light for so many trying to navigate through these tough times.

You are welcome!

I think I would call that main # back, give them the message, whatever it is you want to ask her and go from there.  There is no one else that we know of here on IPT, that handles transfers.

They will probably put through all the questions to her and she either replies OR gives them her response to reply back, good luck, I hope you get some answers in a reasonable amount of time!

Offline robin in ohio

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Can an inmate be transfer out to another prison if they are in the middle of getting health care treatment? My husband is going throw the Hep. C treatment and they transfer him to another prison before he was done doing the treatment.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
Can an inmate be transfer out to another prison if they are in the middle of getting health care treatment? My husband is going throw the Hep. C treatment and they transfer him to another prison before he was done doing the treatment.

For the most part, IDOC can transfer any inmate at any time. We have seen lots of inmates moved while in the middle of classes. Your husband needs to stay on top of his treatments. If you have POA and HIPPA forms, you can call and speak to the Healthcare Director at Western. You might want to place a friendly and polite call, even if you don't have those forms.

Offline robin in ohio

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
Thanks Mark_guy for the info...I did give them a call and told me that his health care records did go with him and he is getting his treatments...I'm just worried is all and in hope that I will get a call soon from him to ease my mind that he's okay.

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Sounds like your LO has been transferred and settled at Western.  I believe they do a good job (as good as IDOC health care can be) with Hep C at Western.  I can't remember details, but sort of recall that they "specialize" in Hep C treatment at Western. 

Offline Jennyc72

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2014, 11:16:23 AM »
Hi my name is Gloria my question is how can my husband get a transfer if he puts the paper work in and the counselor does not put it in the system that it was requested.  It has been over a month since he put in.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
Hi my name is Gloria my question is how can my husband get a transfer if he puts the paper work in and the counselor does not put it in the system that it was requested.  It has been over a month since he put in.

He has to continue to ask the counselor why she/he has not put it in and just because he puts it in, he may not get it.

IDOC is very overcrowded right now and not may transfers are happening, they tell you, you are placed accordingly.

It was always known that transfers only occurred from Max to Medium and from Medium to Minimum, only lateral moves down, don't know what they are doing now.

Just so you know, when an inmate puts in for a transfer to a prison, he could be transferred to any prison, not necessarily the one that he puts in for.  It opens them up to being transferred to any prison in IDOC that they want to send them too.