• April 24, 2018, 07:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Mail during/after a transfer  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
Mail during/after a transfer
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »
This has probably been asked before, so I'm sorry for doing it again. My LO was just transfered from P'ville to BMR. I put a bunch of stuff in the mail earlier this week (it's almost his b-day). Will it be forwarded to his new facility? I sure hope so, even if it takes a bit to get there.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Mail during/after a transfer
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »
Oh, only about a hundred times on this forum....YES...it's all forwarded to his new facility but it takes up to a month to arrive, same with his trust account...it will be forwarded also.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:16:59 PM »
Ok. When you stated all, I'm sure you meant ALL, but I'm needing some clarification due to something I'm experiencing.

Does ALL include magazine subcriptions?
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:11:55 AM »
If you bought your LO a magazine subscription and then he was moved to another facility I would contact the magazine and update the mailing address.  I wouldn't expect the IDOC to "forward" for 6 months or a year like a post office.  You didn't say what you are experiencing, so it's kind of hard to give you the clarification you are looking for, but those are my thoughts.

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »
Thanks for the info. I called the company and found out what I needed.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.