• April 22, 2018, 01:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Sending Books to Stateville R&C and Money on Account  (Read 82928 times)

Offline coasterman

Re: Sending Books to Stateville R&C and Money on Account
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
This should get an easy answer, but as we all know with IDOC there can be a million different answers to the easiest question. I just sent my LO at Stateville R & C 3 books. The 3 of them couldn't fit into one manila envelope so I mailedthem in two separate envelopes--3 books in one and 1 book in the other. My question is realizing they can only receive 5 books at a time, was it ok to send the 3 books in two separate envelopes? They were of the bubble wrap type and after calling the mailroom at Stateville the (very nice) person told me bubble wrap is fine, just not the fibrous material in the envelopes.

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2018, 06:11:30 PM »
Sending all of them is fine but please remember mail is slow and possibly even slower in reception.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »
coasterman 

I have sent books just like you did and my son received all of them