• April 25, 2018, 03:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: UPDATE: Immigration after conviction  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Falcon

UPDATE: Immigration after conviction
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:50:50 PM »
Hello All,

I would like to just post an update to my topic I started a while ago regarding Immigration after conviction.

When I last posted all I had were links to resources I found on the topic. I did a lot of research of the process of deportation but was still clueless. And now that there have been events taking place I thought I would share what we have been experiencing so far.  I will continue to post the newest and latest as they occur.

With a little over 6 months left to serve my husband has already been in removal proceedings. They are trying to secure an order to deport him.  These hearings have been done through video conference at the facility where he is incarcerated at which he has had 2 hearings so far.

The first hearing was called "Master calendar hearing" which was basically a hearing to tell him the charges being brought against him. 
The second hearing was called an Individual hearing where they talked about the facts of his crime. It would also be in this hearing that they determine if he qualifies for any type of relief from being deported.

As it has been left from the last hearing they will be investigating if the specifics of his crime would be grounds for removal. So nothing has been decided at this time.   

I hope this information can help anyone and their L/O that may be headed for removal proceedings.  I will definitely keep you all posted on the next hearing and what happens from there.
\"I\'m with you the second the sunlight touches our side of the world and when the night swallows the day I\'m still yours.\"

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
Re: UPDATE: Immigration after conviction
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 02:34:03 PM »
My husband had 2 immigration hearings already. He was scheduled for a third, however because he had informed the immigration judge that he was going to court on an appeal for a new trial, we believe that they may have cancelled the 3rd hearing for that reason. Know that the appeal hearing has come/gone, wondering if immigration will proceed with another hearing for deportation? Or how can my LO request hearing for deportation? I would rather he be deported back his country than to continue being in prison.
Two Hearts One Love