• April 22, 2018, 05:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Contact information for out of state compact  (Read 2252 times)

Offline hiswifeforlife

Contact information for out of state compact
« on: January 14, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »
I have filed the proper paperwork for my husband have an interstate compact from Illinois to North Carolina. I have spoken with field services at the Illinois facility and they have approved that side. We are waiting for the approval from NC. I was wondering is there any contact information that can be found via internet for me to call the NC IDOC to facilitate the approval?

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
Re: Contact information for out of state compact
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Lu

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 11:30:54 PM »
Hiswifeforlife:    I would be very interested in knowing the steps to get a l/o transferred from Illinois to North Carolina!   That is not a process I have started but we might want to pursue.   I don't even know where to begin.   Was it a long process, what level of security will he be moving from and to, can you ask for a certain NCDOC or location, .... ?   I don't know how to private message someone but would like to discuss this further with you.

Offline Lu

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 11:38:34 PM »
Another question:    Does ILDOC ever allow a transfer to another state for an inmate that still has several years to serve?   It looks like the Intrastate transfer may only be for parolees.

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:38 AM »
Lu - IDOC rarely moves an inmate still serving a sentence to another state's prison.  When this does happen it's because of security concerns and the states have a mutual agreement about incarcerated inmates.  This occasion is usually reserved for high profile inmates.  Even if there is a high profile case in Illinois, IDOC would just keep them in protective custody.  Interstate compact is for inmates to be on parole in another state while serving the remainder of their parole.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline Lu

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 07:59:09 AM »
Thanks for clearing this up for me.   I thought this was also an avenue for inmates to be moved while serving their sentence.   It would be so much easier to have him closer than 11 hours!  Oh, well.

Offline Skycountry4742

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 10:22:57 AM »
My son is in Prison in Ill. and I live in Alabama and he wants to do a interstate compact here to Bama. What do I do to help this happen Thank you and God Bless?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
My son is in Prison in Ill. and I live in Alabama and he wants to do a interstate compact here to Bama. What do I do to help this happen Thank you and God Bless?

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=27860.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”