• April 22, 2018, 01:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: A New Service from AVN (VINE)  (Read 58136 times)

Offline jaf

A New Service from AVN (VINE)
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:00:15 AM »
(I received this email yesterday - I thought I should share it, in case some of you don't know about the new service!)

Dear Registrant,

You are receiving this email informing you of an additional free service because you have registered for notification(s) of changes in an offender's status.

This is not a notification about any change in offender custody. You do not need to re-register to receive information on the offender.

This email is to inform you that the automated victim notification service has become available in a mobile app. This is a free app easily downloaded on the iPhone or Android links below.

Download from iTunes 
 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vinemobile/id625472495?mt=8?elqTrack=true&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonuajLZKXonjHpfsX57eUrXqGg38431UFwdcjKPmjr1YIBRcZ0aPyQAgobGp5I5FEMT7jYWqJit6YKWg%3D%3D

Download from Google play
 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appriss.vinemobile&feature=search_result&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonuajLZKXonjHpfsX57eUrXqGg38431UFwdcjKPmjr1YIBRcZ0aPyQAgobGp5I5FEMT7jYWqJit6YKWg%3D%3D#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hcHByaXNzLnZpbmVtb2JpbGUiXQ..?elqTrack=true

VINEmobile offers convenience to:

Check on the offender's custody status day or night
Register for offender custody status
Access Victim Services in your area
Please note registrations for notification are secure and anonymous.

If you have questions/concerns please call 1-866-(Appriss) 277-7477 or
email: info@appriss.com

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
Re: A New Service from AVN (VINE)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 10:21:21 AM »
I downloaded the app, and it appears to work (there have been no changes in R's status so not positive) But it did show his current status. However I have found that the app tends to move rather slow.  Just my 2 cents! :)
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »
I go the email yesterday as well but I am not sure I want to use the app. 
If he is moved I'll get the email which I have on my phone anyway. 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »
I had the app on my phone for awhile now and deleted it a week ago, just wanted to see what it was all about.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline stan77

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
I received that email notice, too.  I didn't download it - I was wondering what else the app had to offer that the email notification wouldn't provide.  Mah - if you downloaded it for awhile, were there any other features?  Guess I could look myself, but I'm being lazy.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned this.  I checked my email for it, and sure enough, it went to my junkmail.  The notifications for transfers likely would have too.   :wc38:

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »
Hmm...is there a different app?  I've been using the Vine app on my iPhone since my son was moved from county in April

Offline jaf

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »
Hmm...is there a different app?  I've been using the Vine app on my iPhone since my son was moved from county in April

I don't know - didn't know there was an app until I received the email yesterday.

I had signed up for email and phone 3 years ago. 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »
It's the same one, I have had it awhile, didn't use it so took it off.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
Oh okay - I've had the app and the way I requested to be notified was by text. 

Offline tiff1983

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 08:11:41 PM »
Wasn't 100% certain, but can the vine be used for anyone. Or just the victims? this is both of our first time.

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 08:27:17 PM »
Yes anyone can use it.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »
Wasn't 100% certain, but can the vine be used for anyone. Or just the victims? this is both of our first time.

Just remember your pin number if you sign up for phone alerts. It will keep calling over and over.

Offline kasa

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »
I registered, my son was moved sat... I received nothing... when I go to vine to make sure im registered and put in number..tells me duplicate number ???

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 01:24:27 PM »
I registered, my son was moved sat... I received nothing... when I go to vine to make sure im registered and put in number..tells me duplicate number ???

Maybe you didn't receive anything because he really didn't move out of the prison, just into a different section.

Offline becca

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »
I forgot my vine code....how do i reset it?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 06:44:50 AM »

I forgot my vine code....how do i reset it?

Call them.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »
I haven't been on here in awhile. I didn't know they had an app. My l/o just found out he was approved for his transfer finally after being denied 3 times.